• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So here's a UI i plan for a map i will make. so i guess i need opinions. :D
attachment.php

EDIT: yea. Just give me constructive comments..

Attachments

• UI.jpg
    UI.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:
Level 4
Shooting type - Wear and tear + metal stuff.
Futuristic type - Glowing bits and flat areas with cool textures.
Futuristic shooter - Well... Some exposed wires, and some worn down cool textures maybe? :con:

For now I don't know what constructive could be said about it. It seems to be a pretty early stage work, correct me if I'm wrong.
Make those gradients a bit softer (the bottom shouldn't be completely black). I'd say it has way too big color variation for a war game. You should stick to a chosen color scheme with one or maybe two colors (subtle/dark ones if the game is a bit more 'realistic' or 'hardcore'; dark+light color if the game is more of an Unreal Tournament-like action game). It's OK to color the HP/mana area, just be aware that the original warcraft3 text is colored too thus making the background light green while the text is light green might not end up well.

Level 12
how come its pokemon??? it looks like a futuristic one...

will those unskinned parts, remain that way? or its just because the skin isn't finished yet?
Lucky there is still someone can figure it out. lol. and this is just a WIP. the unskin parts are still being brainstormed.

Shooting type - Wear and tear + metal stuff.
Futuristic type - Glowing bits and flat areas with cool textures.
Futuristic shooter - Well... Some exposed wires, and some worn down cool textures maybe? :con:

For now I don't know what constructive could be said about it. It seems to be a pretty early stage work, correct me if I'm wrong.
Make those gradients a bit softer (the bottom shouldn't be completely black). I'd say it has way too big color variation for a war game. You should stick to a chosen color scheme with one or maybe two colors (subtle/dark ones if the game is a bit more 'realistic' or 'hardcore'; dark+light color if the game is more of an Unreal Tournament-like action game). It's OK to color the HP/mana area, just be aware that the original warcraft3 text is colored too thus making the background light green while the text is light green might not end up well.
Detailed info. me likey. thx a lot!

Last edited:
Level 12
2nd WIP. i think i'll probably make the gradient softer as ELFoglalt stated after i finish the UI so it will be easier to see the whole picture. and yea, the inventory number part is inspired by ELFoglalt's UI. i hope you don't mind. but if you do mind, i'll remove it. and i removed the bag for 2 reasons. 1st is i get it from google, that makes my UI CnP-ed, now that its removed, my UI has a slightess chance of approve. 2nd is it really does make's the UI looks like pokemon UI. D:
attachment.php

I've also added the titles(sort of title) of each part. I think those makes the UI unique. but what do you guys think? acceptable or annoying? :confused: then again, it's mainly for a map of mine, not for general uses.

Attachments

• UI2.jpg
    UI2.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 2,082
Level 4
Looks pretty snazzy. I'd suggest you invested a more natural metal texture for the UI, and personally I'm not a huge fan of the less metallic colour of aqua, but that's up to you. With the inventory slots, I like the idea- i'd suggest you make the coloured slot piece glow so as to make it stand out more- and a bit less of a gradient for it as well.

A bit plain, but it's clean and i'd definately say a few people would find a use for it when it's complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.