• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ELFoglalt's UI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sooo back a while ago I had a thread with my first War3 UI but I newer finished. Recently I dug up the HUD and I hope I won't just abandon it this time.

The clock/time indicator area is just barely started (I'll add surface details, runes etc.) and I feel like the whole thing could use some improvement but I can't really tell what's off. Criticism, tips or basically anything constructive is appreciated.

I'm open to color suggestions too, as I never actually figured it out how it should look like. My main idea was orange light coming from the bottom with blueish-purplish colored crystals.

Attachments

• Texture6.jpg
    Texture6.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 369
Level 4
@Dentothor, Ghost: Thanks for the kind words guys. (Also the rep.)

Now I call the details and the layout done. The two things are missing are: hue/contrast adjustments, and coloring. Before I finalize the thing I wanted to test out the look in WC so I can see if it's too bright or if something is off. But I kinda realized that I can't get the UI properly to War3. :hohum:
I followed my common sense to create the .BLPs, but I get no UI at all when I load up the map. I'd appreciate if anyone could show me which areas of the UI need to be alphaed, and what do I need to look for to get everything right. (Just linking an appropriate tutorial would be great, I couldn't find tuts about this on my own...)

Attached pic:

Attachments

• Texture61.jpg
    Texture61.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 213
Level 4
Still can't get it to War3. Duh... -.-

Working on colors, (what I'm pretty bad at(. Which one is better?
(Also attached the PS files for anyone interested)

Attachments

• TextureBlue.jpg
    TextureBlue.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 1,070
  • TextureOrange.jpg
    TextureOrange.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 1,194
  • UI.zip
    46.1 MB · Views: 145
Level 12
Well, just giving out my suggestion. =)
attachment.php

Btw, you're having trouble testing it in game because you've alpha-ed the wrong section. D: the section alpha-ed will become INVISIBLE, not visible.

Attachments

• Textureby AL0NE.jpg
    Textureby AL0NE.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 424
Level 4
Well, that idea is rather... eh... original AL0NE thanks for sharing it.

@Debode: I'll experiment a bit more then with both I guess.

Level 4
I never thought it would be THAT bright. :ogre_icwydt: anyway, just rmber to alpha the section that you DO NOT want. =) looking forward to see this UI pawn the Skin Section. :D

Yeah you seemed to bruteforce the colour a bit there, whereas the more subtle toning suits the textures more.

Status
Not open for further replies.