• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dental Hygeine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Okay, so this is a thread for discussing tactics regarding the inevitable defeat of our greatest foe yet - plaque and gingevitis.

Naturally, there are the core tactics, such as brushing your teeth X amount of times a day, flossing at least once a day, rinsing with listerine, etc. But what are some of the more interesting or unheard of tactics?

For example, it is a known fact that saliva has a great amount bacteria in it. However, urine is STERILE. Hence, if instead of producing saliva in our mouths we produced urine, our mouths would become MUCH cleaner. How would one accomplish this? I don't know, you tell me.

Any other ideas regarding the process to perfect harmony with our teeth will allow us to focus on other worldly issues much much sooner.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I heard nukes could potentially harm bacteria.

wic-nuke.png

Level 12
I brushed teeth every day and I did not pay attention to the teeth. Later I found that my teeth were sensitive to hot and cold, I had problems with eating. My teeths were hurt and I got chronic pain, of course the bacteria degrades the teeth and I thought I got caries. When I got to the dentist, my teeths were examined and the dentist said that I got deep caries, then because I am very sensitive to tooth pain, I got anaestethics and still when the dentist fix my teeths I experienced extreme pain because I got a deep caries, and after the dentist fixed my teeth I was not sensitive to hot and cold and I even ate without pain. So, the dentist know what they are doing, a alternative method to keep teeths healthy is by using ash, when fire ends the ashes could be used by hand to brush teeth. Also herbs can keep your teeth clean and healthy. Herbs from apothecary or homemade, wild whatever. Many people brush teeth only one time in a day and most people eat more meals a day, and when you eat more meals a day you should brush your teeth after you eat a meal, because if you don't after 30 minutes the teeths start to decay, making slow degradation of teeth. After operation I brushed my teeth after every meal. Most types of the food contain bacteria, but may not be necessarily. The people who eat a natural diet (country people mostly) which means they eat with no pesticides, additives, chemicals or anything processed. Town people have a risk of getting dental problems as they feed on the artificial meat and sprayed plants. The saliva of town people has smuch more bacteria, because much amount of the people eat trash food, overall town is a trash producer. The country people also keep healthy teeth because they eat white products, milk cheese, yogurt, buttermilk, paradoxically these foods have bacteria, but maybe they are good bacteria, not the damaging ones. If you eat just natural the infection of teeth is less likely or completely impossible, it depends what you eat. Vegetarians have less or no dental problems.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
rinsing with listerine
I am sure this causes more cancer and gum problems than it cures. I need to remind you that you yourself are a living thing. I agree it will perfectly clean the teeth of Mr. Skelton in the measume or the surface of a robot but the whole purpose of your mouth is to not be clean (have gums, and blood and a tounge in it).

I head that some tribes in Africa had very good teeth and all they ate was Sugar Cane. I am guessing the fibers cleaned and pollished their teeth and the hardness encouraged good growth.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I am sure this causes more cancer and gum problems than it cures. I need to remind you that you yourself are a living thing. I agree it will perfectly clean the teeth of Mr. Skelton in the measume or the surface of a robot but the whole purpose of your mouth is to not be clean (have gums, and blood and a tounge in it).

I head that some tribes in Africa had very good teeth and all they ate was Sugar Cane. I am guessing the fibers cleaned and pollished their teeth and the hardness encouraged good growth.
I can't imagine a scenario where we could do without this information.

I heard britian are not brushteeth regularly. That's gross. I brush my teeth two times in the day at night and during the morning after i eat breakfast. I never understand why some many people brush teeth before eat food? Doesn't make sense. If your just putting more food in it anyways. I guees it has to do with culture that apeople are from to decide what they do with how they keep their teeth clean by various methods.

Level 6
Well, according to Ray Kurzweil in his documentary on Netflix called Transcendent Man, in about 25 years we will be able to reverse aging by having all sorts of extra in-organic parts like some computerized/digital blood cells, so I'm sure we could get some salivary glands that produce urine. I bet the technology for that is even out there right now. Just need to do a little research.

Level 16
Wazzzie dude, I'm sure producing urine with our mouths would go a long way in improving dental hygiene in this age of people nuking their teeth, but I would like to suggest that it would be easier for us to evolve into using our butts to consume food. Evolution is a way of life, as written in the holy pokedex.

Level 14
Wanna know the secret to good teeth

First you must find the Goat of Extreme Awesomeness, he is on the highest mountain surrounded by the deadliest creature known to man: Hint: Squirrels.

Then you must find a hay stack in a needle! If you can complete that! Then you must move an unmovable object!

If you can get those done! You must bring democracy to Korea (Both South and North).

And if you finally complete that you must post in this thread stating that you have done this.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Anything with a higher concentration of OH- ions than H+ ions is alkaline.

It is important that our mouth has friendly microbes, if it is too clean it could potentially be detrimental to your immune system.

Apparently chewing on sugarcane gives you good teeth. You can drive through poor areas of the world (such as some places in Africa) and the people have amazing teeth considering they mostly eat Sugar Cane. I suspect this is because the fibers than trap the sugarcane are chewed and so act as a natural toothbrush.

Avoid acidic food such as pickles or vinigar. The acid errodes the tooth away over time.

What ever you do, do not drink carbonated drinks such as Cocacola. The bubbles in the drink expose your teeth to a lot of force when they pop resulting in damage to the tooth surface (far far more than the sugars or acids in the drinks do). How can a bubble hurt? Well you probably should be aware that bubbles can be used to deform metal.

Avoid treatments like tooth whitening. These damage the tooth surface too look more white than teeth actually are. There is a reason your teeth are not white and that is they just are not white, making them white is like tatooing your skin pretymuch.

Question your dentists. Dentists are taught at University to do as much unnescescary teeth opperations as possible. Further more they will likly not raise up all problems with your teeth at any sessions so they can develop and you will come back. If you see a problem in your teeth, note it and always raise it with the dentist. If you later comeback to the dentist with a problem in the noted area then raise this immediatly. Dentists are less likly to scam people that are fully aware of their teeth. Always ask what a dentist is doing and why.

Level 35
all the stuff i forgot about chemistry...
but we will need chemistry to tackle the best methods of dental hygeine!

perhaps we could go a few steps further with the sodium idea, though
for you see, one thing i do remember about chemsitry is that the elements in the same period as sodium generally have similar properties, only more volatile as you go down the period

so why don't we use francium? no use in settling for second best

For example, it is a known fact that saliva has a great amount bacteria in it. However, urine is STERILE. Hence, if instead of producing saliva in our mouths we produced urine, our mouths would become MUCH cleaner. How would one accomplish this? I don't know, you tell me.
saliva is only dirty because of the stuff we put in it. and having piss in your mouth would be completely useless, and you would have piss in your mouth. And urine would be dirty too if you kept shoving food in it. Just brush, floss and eat right. And stop drinking frigen soda, because that stuff is horrible

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Wazzz said:
so why don't we use francium? no use in settling for second best
Wazzz said:
I have enough of a chemical background to know that what I said is true
if you cannot see the truth then it is perhaps YOU that needs more of a chemical background

Uh hu.... Within 10 seconds of wikipedia....

Wikipedia said:
Francium is a highly radioactive metal that decays into astatine, radium, and radon.

Apparently you have no chemical background at all for sujesting that a highly radioactive element be used as a mouth sanitary product. Worse still, it emmits alpha and beta radiation which are extreemly dangerous if injested (which all mouth products are slightly). Let us not forget that the half-life of Francium is between 5 and 22 minutes so it would largly decay before even being used.

If something was better and that simple, we would be doing it. There are people who study nothing but chemicals for all their lives so there is no way a half rushed idea would be better than their years of research.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
wikipedia? you seem to forget my initial degree was a bachelor of science majoring in chemistry and math
Yes and I have a doctorate in all faculties and an IQ of 240+7j. Please troll on facebook and not here.

Chemistry is extreemly complicated. You can not just choose elements by "generally have similar properties". Especially when it comes to stuff that is to come into contact with organic material. Many proteines that are produced can have bizzar and unexpected interactions with such chemicals. Additionally they might catalyse stuff that our body needs or turns into harmful bi-products.

Status
Not open for further replies.