• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Showcase - Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone.

This is the first real serious terrain I have ever done, and as you might notice, I'm not quite of a professional yet at making nice terrains but, anyways.

please leave some comments and tell me what you think :grin:

picture1zx.jpg

picture2vq.jpg

picture3ox.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
Hmm...
These doodads seem to be too much spammed. You could also add some variation to your trees. Also, where is fog? Terrain is too flat. If would be good if you added more depth to terrains by creating layers of mountains, because I have feeling that there is nothing behind these rocks or the house.
~Apocalyptic

Level 3
Hmm...
These doodads seem to be too much spammed. You could also add some variation to your trees. Also, where is fog? Terrain is too flat. If would be good if you added more depth to terrains by creating layers of mountains, because I have feeling that there is nothing behind these rocks or the house.
~Apocalyptic
Thanks alot! Never thought of any of the things you've just told me, haha ^^

I'll continue working on the terrain and try to improve it with the ideas and advices you've given me, thank you!

The mountain/hill is quite nice.
Thank you :)

It took some time to bring it all up, but non the less quite easy also.

Although, I do think the pros create mountains and hills in other ways :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Although, I do think the pros create mountains and hills in other ways :p

Definitely, but this is so awesome, that the pros will have to induct you into their secret organizations used for controlling the WC3 populace.
Except for one thing though... Too flat. Try doing a little 'Raise' here and there... create some small hills around the lake and such.

Level 3
Something just occurred to me... If this is a mansion, then why do they have hay outside the doors? Are they just rich farmers who live in a forest that is too dense to grow crops in?

Level 7
There's a tree growing through the rock on the left side in the first picture, but other than that quite good...

Status
Not open for further replies.