• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guardians v1.0e

GUARDIANS v1.0e
Created by Juliano

Map Info:

Guardians is a castle defense map wich consists of protecting your main building from hordes of creatures that become stronger with every level, you must make good use of your hero, towers and units to prevail.
Every player gains a castle, three towers and a hero to defend himself, basic units also spawn from the castle to aid the hero in the frontline.
The main objective of the map is to survive the attacks, by any means necessary.The winner is the player who dies last or kills the final boss first.

Main Features:

-Choose from 7 custom heros with different skills
-Every player is responsible for defending his own castle
-Host may difficulty settings by number of creeps and creep hitpoints
-Fight through 50 waves of different creatures
-Every 10 waves there is a mighty boss
-Terrain changes as the creep type changes (forest, fall, winter, undead and outland)
-Upgrade your spawned units and or towers using lumber
-Buy potions and artifacts to make your hero more powerful as game progresses

Screenshots:
-I will put ingame screenshots in a day or two

Changelog:
-Minimum number of creeps increased to 20
-Remade difficulty settings
-Added 2 heros (now 7 total)
-Remade a few spells
-Remade itens shop
-Rebalanced a few spells
-Removed small leaks
-Remade towers upgrades(3 types of tower, upgradeable to 6 another ones)
-Added one default tower to each player area
-A boss is spawned every 10 waves
-Fixed most typos and small bugs
-Players that leave the game now are actually defeated
-Players cannot trade resources anymore
-Added a fountain to the base

Author's notes:

I'm not working much in this map anymore so eventually I'll release an unprotected version, but maybe I will update to fix bugs or add more game modes or heros.

Thanks to -Kobas- for helping with map description
+rep to construtive feedback/critiscism

Keywords:
guardians, hero, boss, defense, defence, castle, survival, custom, creeps, invasion, survive, tower, guardian.
Contents

Guardians v1.0e (Map)

Reviews
00:37, 21st Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment Update: Re-moderating with reviews and rating! Reviews: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1239216-post5.html http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1245513-post8.html...

M

00:37, 21st Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Approved
Broken Rules:
/
Comment

Update: Re-moderating with reviews and rating!
Reviews:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1239216-post5.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1245513-post8.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1380037-post13.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1822353-post18.html

Rating: (4+2+3+3)/4 = 3/5

Level 14
Testing now. Sounds good.

EDIT: Well, make some new modes, there's only one. The gameplay was kinda easy and fun, it might get boring later though. Necromancer's spell was overpowered, it can kill waves in few seconds. Theres also a few typos you might want to fix.

Rating: 3/5

Ah, you can get money easily by selling the free towers....

Last edited:
Testing...

Edit: Tested...

Review:
[+-]Game Modes: For now there is only one game mode, you need to add more
[+-]Few Heroes: You surely need to add more heroes!
[+-]Spell Button Out of Order: (This isn't a great problem indeed, but to achieve hight quality map you need to remove even the smallest ones), wen you choose a spell that is on the third slot (example), it goes to the second slot in the commands main window, know what i mean?
[+] Good Gameplay: The map gameplay is cool, i specialy liked the changing seasons =D
[+] Custom Spells: I liked the spells you used, this feature is very important to make a good map
[+] Tooltips ok: As far as i played all the tooltips were ok, good work, hope i don't find anyone missing
[+] Terrain ok: The playable areas aren't so big, so they surely don't need to have thousands of doodoads, cus this would even trouble the gameplay, your terrain is good, and the changing seasons makes it even beter

Rating: 4/5, needs only minor improvements and more game modes. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 9
Next version coming soon:
Fixed most of the typos, heros now revive automatically, fixed the buttons out of place, towers now have correct upgrades(arrow & cannon, than upgradeable to others), remade a few hero spells, added a warning and removes units when a player leaves, itens on the shops remade, fixed some unbalaces and new heros being made...
Next version probably will have cooperative mode if not in single player.
;D

Level 1
Description:
The on-hive description can be improved a little by including about the heroes:their types & their number. Also place the changelog in the hidden tags(Use the magnifying glass button).

The description at the map selection menu contains one typo. Items is written itens. The same is on loading screen too.

The hero description can use improvements. Tell about their abilities before I choose them. That will make it easier for me to choose them. You can use the quest menu if you like.

Typos:
In the altar there are typos in hero description. Strength & intelligence are misspelled.

Mistakes/Bugs:
In the quest menu you have written to check epic war for new versions & leave a comment. On epic war it isn't possible to leave comments.

Suggestion:
The quest menu need not contain the whole changelog of the previous versions. Just placing the last updates changelog is enough.

There should a timer for me to choose heroes. I was choosing hero & the first wave had started.

If I hire a unit then he does not go to the rally point. He just pops up near the castle & stays there. They should move to the rally point.

Other modes should also be present.

There should be more upgrades for the towers.

Different models for my units can be used. As they are upgraded there models can be changed.

Terrain:
The terrain changing after every 10 waves is a good idea. :thumbs_up:

Rating: 2/5 & vote for approval
I had thought to rate it 3/5 but there is only one mode.

Level 1
Played it in single-player so don't ask me what I think of the team-play element involved, although I will say, like in many "Defend the *insert name here*"-type of maps, it must be important and makes the map look more alive. I've got nothing to complain about, except (there's always a "but",right?) for The Ranger's Multi-shot (if I specified correctly). Most 2/3 times when toggled on, it will only shoot one arrow, and I really have to spam the icon before it finally decides to trigger (I lose a considerable amount of mana through one wave of creeps,just by doing so). Suggestions : Fix minor bugs, Try making the spawning area for incoming creeps either farther away,or a bit larger, ranged units have an unfair advantage : In TD's being ranged or melee doesn't matter since the creeps' objective is to simply run, here : ranged / melee should be tweaked, balanced a bit. Also your own creeps - what are the requirement for them to spawn? 5 creeps dead = one soldier? Also, I could be a total prick and just send them to the fountain and upgrade my towers until I have (literally) an entire army to do my bidding. Just a thought...I'd love to hear some music on challenging waves (or bosses) such as "Pits of Utumno" by Morgoth, or a final boss theme song like "Hate Me" from Children of Bodom" (this would increase your file size indeed,but it would be so much more rewarding when the fog lifts! \m/) + Auras for towers / Creating an instant wave of allied units on command (with a 300 CD or something) Many things could be suggested and I honestly see this as a pretty nice concept to further explore. Short : 3/5 Approved!

Level 5
I like your map, when I played it with friends it was a lot of fun, and the game modes are real (I mean when you select easy its easy and when you select hard its really hard/I've encountered a lot of games where even if you select very easy you get trashed)
I like that the game can be realy chalenging(I played with 20 creeps but with the imposible mode and got to wave 40 rofl :piru:)
And you should realy make the elite three with more dmg because when i got to the fourth boss he pawned everything and as a last resort i summoned them and tought there are going to smash the boss but the only good thing about them was that they had 2k hp so pls improve there dmg
oh and Kl3sk if you leave alone the towers and even upgrade them only there is no point because they are going to be smashed like nothing(i did the same and after wave 15 the towers were almost useles

Level 9
First, thanks for the comments and suggestions...
Kl3sk
I don't know whats up with the multishot, for me if works well, as long as you don't cast it on and off too quickly and much times...maybe is a MUI bug, I'll try to fix it
For the spawning area, why should it be farther away?
The footman and archer spawn automatically by a spell of the castle, wich is triggered when possible(no cooldown), every half minute.
About the music, I'll try to add something good, without making the map kb size too big.
About an allied wave, there is Reinforcement spell, that summons 3 elite footmen already!
Thanks for the review and comment :D

slake
Thanks!
About the 3 reinforcement footmen, I'll try to make them stronger as the game progresses only, or else they may be too strong early game.
I'm trying to make something to balance the towers as the game goes harder...

I need moar suggestions about heros and gameplay, what else could I add??!

Level 5
I'll try to make them stronger as the game progresses only, or else they may be too strong early game.
I'm trying to make something to balance the towers as the game goes harder...
1 They wont be too strong because no player uses the spell in the begining( I used it when I was on wave 40 when I played it for the furst time omg)
2 Thats a good idea because the towers are uselles after wave 20
I have an idea when you upgrade the towers the atack speed will still be 5%
but you can improve the damage, I think it was 8 you can make it 10 or 12 dunno:smile:

Any way I got an idea to balance the footmen and archers
you can make them gain a % not 50hp and 3 damage
they can gane like 50% hp and 25% dmg
That way the footman will not have allways 50hp more and the archer like 3 damage more

The rebirth rune doesnt work for me (it spawns the beast that droped the rune right?)
I think you didnt had an assasin and as for his spells I dunno thats your job
ohhh now I know what that klosk or kblisk guy ment - the ranger's multi shot depletes mana too fast > why ?? when i get like to a biger level then 25 it depletes 1/3 for a wave and if you dont know there is a shop that has potions and other nice stuff and theres even a nice staff in the other shop that gives inteligence and it maybe sounds too good to be true but the inteligence gives mana

Last edited:

Moderation

Guardians v1.0e
Created by Juliano - 20_Deitar ; Uploaded by: Juliano

Nice map.
Look balanced, spells are half custom half blizzard edited but very nice.
Items are ok, some miss important description like for example frost orb item should warn player that it will disable multi shot ability for example!
Terrain is ok for this kind of map.
Maybe few more heroes, game modes systems and such like things but look, as I already said, very nice.

Map presentations fixed/improved. Map Approved, have a nice day buddy, good job.
Map status: Approved

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Level 3
1.Engineer damage his own creeps with mines and with flame spell i ended up killing all my creeps couple of times!

2.Own units are totaly useless on higher levels cuz they die in sec!

3.Items from first shop are useless also cuz better is to w8 to buy some expensive item from second shop make some recepies for items also add some custom items with items to make game more interesting!

Btw:I finished game 3 times on normal with different heroes it was fun/
Tip: Upgrade tower damage and your unit hp.If u are inteligence hero buy item that spawn two wolfs to help you, if u are strenght buy kilmaim first!

yt_

yt_

Level 2
Archer are to imbalance i think, her splitshot can easily wipe out entire creeps :mwahaha: and what is rebirth rune? It's doesnt take effect. Hmm anyway this map is fun to play.

Level 5
I like the idea of this map. This map is rather entertaining and fun to play in my opinion. Although I will say that it needs a little bit of sharpening on spots like collision/space. I also think that this map lacks variety. I mean, having everyone play 1 single (human) race is sort of boring. How about making a category of units/heroes. For example, have each race have their own pros and cons and have their own unique units and buildings/towers. Let's say that you make an Orc race, and the positive part of playing the Orc race is that they are powerful in numbers, but the downside is that they're expensive to train. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? (hopefully, you do). Furthermore, the area that each person personally has is too small for my taste. When you have around 10 footmen and 10 archers, the space that is left for movement is very limited. I would suggest to try to make the units have no collision (the players units, not the creep waves) or expand the area much larger. And one more thing, make the waves of creeps to take a bit longer to spawn because each wave spawns too fast and the player has little to no time to recuperate from the last wave. And they start stacking on top of each other where then it starts creating lag. Other than that, this map is boisterous and really well made. Just focus on adding and fixing those minor problems and the map will be perfect! Keep up the good work mate :thumbs_up: