• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive's Times; Volume 1 1/14/2011

Which do you prefer? Hive's Times, or Hive's SE

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we get started, note that this is a pilot, there will be errors, the formatting will need improvment, and we need more writers to help boost the content available.

You can help us by providing articles, suggestions, and by providing constructive feedback. Hopefully our next volume wont suck as much!

Thanks, TWIF.

Header.jpg

BREAKING NEWS

Introducing Hive’s Times

I’m very happy to be the one to introduce this first edition of the hives times. Normally, this space will be filled with relevant news about the hive, modding, or relevant information and drama, but today, I will be using it to introduce the hive’s new newspaper and explain a little about how its going to work.

Every Friday, once a week, The hives time will do a report on the hive, this will include a comics section, and a weekly spotlight section, as well as articles relevant to modding and art, and the rants of random hivers. Anyone can submit an article, pose a discussion, and if it meets acceptable guidelines, the editor will be able to incorporate it into the newspaper.

I’d like to introduce our current staff: Tleno, head of our funny pages, who will also be doing our Icon spotlight. Watchman, who will be writing a weekly column, titled ‘Watchman’s Rant.’ Debode, who will be writing our weekly model spotlight. ShiiK, who will be writing the weekly Skin spotlight. Yours Truly, who will be doing the breaking news article and managing the Quote of the Week. VeljkoM will be handling the terraining and artwork for our funny pages, and Lich Prince will be doing the occasional article. We still would appreciate people to do weekly columns and write the occasional article.

I’d also just like to thank the Hive's Community for being a great group of folks, we love you guys.

This first edition will be rather abbreviated unfortunately, as we haven't built up enough writers to fill out all sections. You may also have noticed I’ve set up a poll for your consideration: We have decided on two possibilities for our newspaper’s name, 1. The Hive’s Times, and 2. Hive's Something Else.

Unfortunately, I also have to announce two delays. Two articles intended for this section will instead be released next week, and the entire spotlight section is also being delayed.

-Twif

Watchman’s Rant

Part 1

Since this is my first article, I find it proper to introduce myself. I am Watchman. Ok, there, I did it. As a more extensive introduction, I volunteered to write this column. So I’m writing it.​

Now let’s move on to some actual article writing. I have been intrigued by a most interesting subject lately, and this is probably just me being Kel’Thuzad’s apprentice (a necromancer, not an acolyte), buuut I’ll go with it. We all know the drama that ensues after each and every contest we have around here, don’t we? Oh, the drama. No contest is complete without you, beloved. It’s sort of a consolation prize. You might receive an award for being a good actor, if not for being a good modder because, “OMG I DESERVED A PRIZE!!”. Alas, it doesn’t work like that around here.

More or less obvious, I’m talking about Hero Contest #3. Now, two guys got disqualified by judge xD.Schurke because their heroes did not have passive abilities. This wasn’t a rule when the contest began, mind you, but the judge made it up half-way through the contest after Pharaoh_ specifically received permission to create a hero with 4 active abilities. Now let me just put on my asshole hat and say this is A TOTAL DIPSHIT MOVE ON THE JUDGE’S PART. Now, people are going to act all mature and go “WHY DON’T YOU JUST LET THE DRAMA DIE? ARGUING ISN’T GOING TO SOLVE IT!” While that is true, take note that it’s The Hive Workshop we’re talking about. What, do you people here to be mature and go through reasonable debate to find a solution of mutual advantage to any said problem? Pfff… Crap no. Arguing solves everything. If you disagree, you’re a pussy! And you know I’m right, because it rhymes!

“Your shoelace is untied.”

“OH NO IT’S NOT”

“YES IT IS, TIE IT RIGHT NOW OR IMMA REPORT YOU!”

“Alright man, chill out. See? I’m doing it.”

“That’s a lot better. I’m glad you saw my point of view as the valid one.”

But back to the matter at hand. Apparently, this time the drama is actually leading nowhere for a change. Why is that? Because the judge is a lazy-ass whiny bastard.

“Oh, like, I’m the judge. Like, what I say goes, because if I want to judge your entry, I’ll judge it, because I’m so better than you. That’s why I’m a judge and not a contestant, like you.”

Oh sure, it takes time for people to judge, and thanks for judging the other entries, even if it took HALF A FUCKING YEAR! Now, I totally feel for the disqualified guys here. After waiting for some dude’s ass to judge your entry… you’re disqualified for something you were specifically allowed to do in the first place. WHAT THE FUCK, after half a year, is it that hard to judge TWO more entries after judging roughly TEN others? I think not.

“But, Watchman. If one of the disqualified guys wins, there’s gonna be more drama because of the awards and the wasted confetti and glitter!” That’s true. So here’s what I propose: we take xD.Schurke, we tie him to a tree and write “DISQUALIFIED, BITCH” on his forehead and leave him there. Now THAT’S a consolation prize.

Since I entered this subject, deadline for Terraining Contest #11 closing in, guys. Good luck to all participants. Also good luck to those participating in Short Story Contest #5 and Texturing Contest #18, as we should have our results soon, as I’ve been hearing. Fingers crossed for the guys I voted. Remember, there are no losers. Only winners, and people that aren’t them. Also, check out the challenge between me and WherewolfTherewolf.

Now, since I took up almost all my article space by talking about contests, I have a few more lines to write about… well, something different and I already wasted two of them.

Cont. part 2

The FUNNY Pages

Manager: Tleno

Robo-Toilet.jpg

Now we don’t need to Shaman Your Annus.

Watchman’s Rant (Cont.)

I suppose this is the place to say that the Hive’s frosty Christmas interface ANNOYS THE SHIT OUT OF ME. Before, The Hive’s main page gave me a feeling of warmth and prettiness. NOW IT’S FREEZING AND ANNOYING. Also, talking about eye-candy. My avatar just got changed today. You guys might know my “Loving the Alien” avatar. If not, the name is suggestive by itself. Weeeell…. Took them long enough to realize I had a human sodomizing an alien as my avatar. Epic handclap to you, Hive staff. Now I need a new avatar, but I’m lazy to make one. So if you’re up for it, just draw any funny stuff that you think about in MS Paint and PM it to me. If I choose your avatar, you’ll be mentioned in the next edition of the paper, in this column. I noticed a lot of other people got their avatars and signatures changed for being “inappropriate” today. Apparently, enjoy was on a watch-out for naughty avatars and was feeling like replacing them with weird pictures and silly puns. Once again, epic handclap to you. Anyway, my change made no sense. I got an abomination attacking instead of my usual avatar. HOW IS THAT MORE VISUALLY APPEALING? It’s a hulk of meat with a meat cleaver. I mean alien fetishes, I heard of, but abominations are just a big no-no.

Quote of the Week
[11-27-04] anarchianbedlam: im just the one who's swamped with requests for a 3 tier n4rut0 shit castle hall

[11-27-50] Misha: anarchianbedlam, now why does that give me a grin?

[11-28-13] anarchianbedlam: Misha, i dont know, do you have a naruto toilet seat cover?

Seriously, what was Blizzard thinking when they designed the abomination?

Eight years ago, when I first played Warcraft 3 and saw the abomination in the human campaign, Arthas was all “WHAT IS THAT THING?!” I was like “IT’S AN UNDEAD CLOWN, YOU PUSSY! STAND UP TO IT!”. Seriously. The resurrection process must be a bit unperfected because it made the red nose FUCKING HUGE and put it on it’s abdomen, instead if it’s face. Also, clowns have horns and rubber chickens, not hooks and meat cleavers. BLIZZARD, YOU ARE SICK! FEAR OF CLOWNS IS NORMAL, YOU’RE JUST BEING RACIST… I… think… uhm… YOUR JUST MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE’S FEARS. Not that I fear clowns, but I know people that do, and boooy let me tell you, they’d shit their pants right out during the human campaign.

“Take that, skeleton bitches!!! Necromancer, eh? More like PUSSYMANCER!! AAHAHA… oh… cinematic… what’s this…. UNDEAD CLOWN. AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!! *seizure*”

That’s dangerous shit, right there!

Well that’s about all I got for now, guys. I accept absolutely any suggestions for this column from you guys, I will write about basically anything. Feel free to PM me. So, good luck, have fun and see you around the Hive, guys.
Watchman

Hive Time
(GMT+9000)

Comic%20Strip%20%28small%29.jpg

Weekly Spotlight

Model of the Week

Hello to all our readers, and welcome to our very first 'Model of the Week' article.

The Model of the Week section is a part of The Hive's Times newspaper in which we spotlight a specific well-made and deserving model and dub it the 'Model of the Week'. Every week, a single model will be picked out of all the models that were submitted in that specific week, judging by the quality, details, creativity and overall good appearance of the model. The chosen model will then be highlighted in this section, with a short preview about the model and why it deserves to be the model of the week.

So, enough of the introduction, let’s get straight to our very first section.

Our first week's winning model is Dionesiist's Sharadar Hell Knight - Congratulations to him!

models_9933_screenshot.jpg

This wonderful model is a part of a fictional race created by Dionesiist. This race is called the Sharadar - a race of elves that have developed various mutations. This specific model was not an elf before it was mutated, as the elves learned they could force other races to mutate.

The model itself is among the most creative ones that were submitted in a while - it is shaped like a humanoid, but has spikes extruding from the back, withered-looking red hands (which come full with the classic metal handcuffs), a pair of large tentacles instead of legs and a big, metal, fearsome-looking helmet. The mesh itself is very well done, with all parts co-operating together and no obvious clipping or holes visible, and it even has a very reasonable amount of polygons, fitting for Warcraft 3.

The texture is one of the finest parts of this model. The reddish, fleshy skin is very well done and the metallic parts are just awesome. It features many alpha-ed out planes, which add to the general appearance of the model without taking up a noticeable amount of polygons. The texture quality is great and it really shows how skilled of a texture designer Dionesiist is.

Finally, the animations are extremely smooth and very fitting to the general concept. The Knight shakes and struts as though he is struggling to breathe and stand. The creature's imbalance becomes obvious in the extremely awkward walk animation where it flaps around its tentacles to try and move, all along trying to help itself with its arms. When it prepares to battle in Stand Ready, the creature looks aggressive and ready to attack, and it seems it managed to balance itself slightly. During the attack animations, the Hell Knight pounces and claws the enemy using its mangled hands, even falling on its tentacles once, but quickly regaining balance.

Finally, on the death animation, the creature is seen falling down and then being dragged by its tentacle by an invisible force through a burning hole in the ground.

All in all, those extremely creative animations deserve an A+ in our book.

And thus our first Model of the Week article concludes. We hope you enjoyed it and we're looking forward to seeing you next week, with an entirely new issue and an entirely new model. Good bye!

~

To conclude this weeks installment we present an interview with
one of The Hive Workshop's Leading administrators, Enjoy:

1)
Q: What made you join the Hive in the first place, and when did you join?
A: Well I joined in 2008. I had just started becomming real friends with Drake. from the site, and Peber from the site is my bf. Drake. was talking about the hive, and said I should do some icons, so I joined, and then I just really liked the community :)

2)
Q: What do you like and dislike about the community?
A: Well there isn't really anything I dislike. I mean, most would probably say trolls, but it's stupid to dislike people, when you don't actually know them. Like the time with elkyur? He was really a sexist, but then I got his msn, and he became really nice towards me. So for what I like.. The users mostly and helping out :) And I really like the chat. It's the same people mostly, and almost every single one is really nice :)

3)
Q: What is that really keeps you here, and doesn't let go? I mean beyond your duties as an administrator. Did you ever have thoughts of leaving?
A: No I never had thoughts about leaving. What keeps me here is probably the fact that I just feel nice when I am on hive, and writing with people. I am not a very social person irl. But I feel like I have things uncommon with people here. So I like being here. And I would be around, even if I was not staff member ;) You don't get rid of me that easy! :p

4)
Q: What did you feel when you were promoted to an icon mod, and then to a chat mod, and then to an administrator? And how were you promoted, what led to your promotion?
A: Well. Oh_snap was icon mod before me, along with zombie. They both wanted to resign, and each found a candidate that they thought fitting to replace them. Oh_snap choosed me, and zombie. choosed pyramidhe@d. I think I got promoted to admin because Ralle thought I was good at handling stuff around here. I was ofcourse happy both times I got promoted, because I like helping out, and I was happy that people noticed that I tried helping out. :)

5)
Q: Could you name your top 5 favorite users?
A: Well, if I may mention inactive users as well, nr. 1 would be oh_snap. He's a really great friend of mine, and I still talk with him all the time, even though he has not been active here for long. For the other 4, I don't think I can put it like that. Many people here, I like equally, so I can't really list them like that.

6)
Q: How do you feel about the artistic experience on the Hive, compared to other sites? Is it satisfactory? Do you get enough critique that helps you improve here?
A: Well I know from chat, when you post a link here of your artwork, there is always a person that is ready to give constructive critique. That is what is different from the other sites. Like on deviantart, it is hard for your work to get noticed at all. Here, many people see it, and therefor, more people help. And there is lots of people here with great artskills, or great potential, and I often see constructive critique for those who posts their art here.

7)
Q: How do you feel the newer generations of users are affecting the site?
A: I've heard lots of the older users, saying that hive was much greater in the past, and all the awesome users left. But I think there is lots of awesome users still. I weren't around back then, but I like hive as it is now. And new users are great. People are always welcome to join the site. Whenever they contribute with resources or not, I still think it's great with new users.

8)
Q: What do you prefer - to administrate and moderate stuff, or to draw icons and concept art and such?
A: Well I don't make icons that often anymore. I really like administrating and moderating, but I haven't done much moderating lately, due to some personal issues. But I like administrating and moderating just as much as I like making concept art.

9)
Q: If there is one message you could deliever to all of the Hive's users, what would it be?
A) Hmm. I don't know really. I guess it would be something like learn to know people before judging them? No matter how cheesy it sounds. It's never nice when people think you are someone that you are not. I know that from personal life.

10)
Q: Alright, thanks a lot for your time. :) Please note that some minor editing will occur to fit it all in a nice, clean format(removing unnecessary words from the questions, merging multiple lines of the same answer, etc), but we will not change the wording or remove anything from your answers, and the general format will remain the same. And lastly, do you have any final words to say?
A: enjoy the hive times or something. Lol.

~

Level 11
Wow nice i like this... good work, but lol the hives times sounds very similar to most newspapers lol, and i think the "S" is stressed out to much (Hive"s" Time"s").. but it don't matter, i enjoyed it... :D

Level 8
This has serious potential. I hope this takes off. Also, maybe a "street interview" column could be added, where you go and ask random users the same question to get several opinions. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Ignore that 1 vote for the Hive's Times, I selected the wrong option.

Level 23
Yeah, soon propaganda will fill the pages of this paper with a red wave!
Same here, screen stretches plus when I press on the roller on the text it doesnt work, so I have to use retarded ways to see the parts that are out of my sights.

Level 27
Erm dude, not I put up that Robo-toilet thing. I was actualy one of co-writers of Hive Time. Alagremm also joined Hive Time as one of co-writers, so there are now three of us writers and Velj also takes care of terrain.
Erm TWIF, what I mean is that the Hive Time comic should be in the funny pages, see, it's something funny. Probably the most funny part of Funny Pages. Actually that's the only one I came up for funny pages. Demotivator... I didn't even had an idea where you got it from. It was quite a surprise to me, you know.
And Watchma is really high on swearing I should say. Of course you probably out him up just because of lack of other articles, but whatever. Hope next time you'll get someone so much better than him.
And hey, I thnk I kinda like sent you the Icon of The Week two days ago. Where is it? Should I have wrotten the bigger review for it or what?

To solve the streching, you can like... I have no idea, but you should like... okay, no idea.

No worries about political propaganda, commrade Al is sure not to resist withpout making one.

But seriously, I don't know what for is that demotivator, but when I said Hive comic I mean to say it should be in funny pages. That's ther most immportant I wanted to say.

And I think I'm gonna write my own article for your newspaper. Just saying.

That's all I wanted to say for now. Oh, and we with Velj planned that if the TWIF's newspaper will fail we might still release the comic separately.

Stretching is 'caus of banner, i can fix, also, i was gonna shrink watchman's second article, but the funny pages need him, hes a bawl.

The demotivational was somthing i put in for lack of better content

This version is supposed to suck, we need more IDEAS as to how to improve it, formatting, and we need writers.

Also, Tleno, it IS in the hives funny pages, just below the demotivational. I was going to hide watchmans part 2, but i forgot.

Watchman said:
Oh sure, it takes time for people to judge, and thanks for judging the other entries, even if it took HALF A FUCKING YEAR! Now, I totally feel for the disqualified guys here. After waiting for some dude’s ass to judge your entry… you’re disqualified for something you were specifically allowed to do in the first place. WHAT THE FUCK, after half a year, is it that hard to judge TWO more entries after judging roughly TEN others? I think not.

Just thought I'd point out that actually xD.Schurke's judging was on time; it was The_Reborn_Devil we were waiting for, as he kept saying "yeah I'll do it soon" and then 6 months later he claimed he said he was never going to do it

Level 48
tleno, what the hell are you talking about, I laughed my ass off reading Watchman's column!
The comics wasn't really that great, the terrain is nice but the jokes were kinda lame.

Lots of swearing is good swearing, that's my motto!

@aaron - shiiK didn't finish his Skin of the Week column in time. I'm not sure about tleno's Icon of the Week.

@Skycraft - Why not? It got released.

Level 8
Maybe you could have the layout be something like this:
Main Articles (Written by the newspaper staff)
Funny Pages
User Articles
Spotlight Section

Level 17
Since you asked for comments and criticism - here's my little review of your paper. Remember, this is from my point of view.

The Poll
Something Else. It's the best.

Introduction
It's a nice and simple presentation of the newspaper opening, I don't really have any problems with that.

Watchman's Rant
This guy is funny, he should be given a medal. But it's a bit long.

The Funny Pages
It's not funny when you get his name wrong - so much potential gone to waste.
Like I said before, Watchman is funny and should be given a medal.. and it's a bit long.

Quote of the Week
I'm not a fan of naruto, but anarchy makes it awesome.. somehow.

The Comic
I like your play on words - but you should state at the start of the comic who the hell is who. Some people got confused.

Weekly Spotlight
Alright this is the only area I seem to have a big problem with. Firstly, there's only a model of the week and it doesn't cover other areas which is understandable due to other reasons and this is just a template - I'm sure in the next edition it'll be completely filled. Secondly, am I the only one who thinks it's plain stupid to use a contest model while the contest is still going suitable for the spotlight? This will turn heads for some of the users around the site, and may give an unfair judging. Apart from that, seems fine to me.

Interview
Enjoy is just awesome. That's all.

I do like what you guys are doing though, keep up the good work.
I'm sure the next edition will be tons better :D

Level 48
Remember this is completely unofficial, Skycraft. This is from our own point of view. Since the model was submitted to the model section, it is counted along with the rest of the models.
Besides, asides from the concept models, there really weren't that many models to choose from this week, hopefully people will start doing awesome stuff next week. :)

oh this is great. I really love watchman's post. it has the same whiny quality i see in one of those once-a-month "rally under my flag of awesome equality, my fellow normal users. we shall overthrow the tyranny that is the hive staff". but except this has less reading material and i dont have to reply because its a newspaper and no one replies to a newspaper. nor can i in any way. this is great and this is gonna be weekly instead of being monthly? AWWW MAAH LAWWDY i am in literacy heaven. and it is so lucky that this constructive criticism on the system of the site takes 2/5 of the whole reading material. i wouldnt want to miss out on any of that juicy drama

and check out the superb layout skills. it looks like a lot of small articles at first sight is actually 1 same article but coloured differently every paragraph for some UNKNOWN REASON. its an optical illusion :eek:.

that that giant ass white header. wow. its pure whiteness so reminds me of a real newspaper. you know how all newspapers are made out of glow-in-the-dark white paper? and i love how my pupils tenses up and spas when i see it. also, its sheer size. Bigger the better, right? it also tells me so much information, not to mention forcing me to utilize my entire screen.

and great job to the editor for keeping all the profanities in. i mean. obviously we need maximum vulgarity since we need to set a good example to all the new-comers. if this is gonna be in the front page of the site, obviously it needs to show the right attitude to anyone that might see it. and wow. you know that old saying, "you learn something new everyday"? i never knew the word is "annus", not "anus" like i've been always using. imagine the embarrassment if i misspelt that word in front of the whole site.

and the model section. IS IT INSIGHTFUL OR WHAT?! i mean. it describes detail by detail on what the animations are. AND if gives us the link to the model so we can check the animations right next to the commentary. your step by step commentary on the animation is a vital part. without it, a regular user will be at a loss. and something like a little interview with the creator himself would have been too much. you know. a little insight into the creator's mind so people can actually learn something off this newspaper or take inspiration?

oh. and that picture of the robot toilet. haha move along, frosty and ash and all oldfags. we have a real comedian here. not to mention, that pic deserved a whole crap loads of space for it because of its sheer awesome.
and that mecheon summon joke. because we have to keep on bringing back old users from the dead. classic. absolute gold. i mean we gotta have a joke that the new people dont understand as well as the old people find tiring. its simply genius.
i really like how it even labels it "The funny page". it is like it is asking you to not to forget that this is supposed to be funny, just in case you were too stupid to realised it is funny.

keep up the good work guys.

42.7/42.7 cheesburgers. Voting for Director's Cut

haha very funny. just remember kids. sarcasm and satire is not exclusively used or owned by you. not saying dont satirise the staff or a system of the site. i am saying do it in a way that assholes like myself have no way to pick a fight with it. Also. swearing is for dumb people. i am sure you can think of 1 funny way to spice things up instead of resorting to swearing.

your reading material, as mentioned is terrible. the format of the whole thing leaves something to be desired. and the special interview doesnt even mention at the start that she is an icon mod AS WELL as a chat mod. if you want to be official about things, be official and provide every detail that an average user might find useful. you put these things AT THE START. not in mid question where it confuses everyone.

Level 17
I understand that, but it shouldn't give the impression of influencing the views of the Hivers when poll-time comes. Although it IS unofficial, I'm just looking out for the best interests of the contestants, and despite whether it was uploaded or not it's still a contest model - and you may want to steer away from doing that sort of thing in the future.
You could always give the unappreciated guy a bit of spotlight. ;]

Level 48
Pyra, this is not official.
Alright, let me try to respond to a few things...

oh this is great. I really love watchman's post. it has the same whiny quality i see in one of those once-a-month "rally under my flag of awesome equality, my fellow normal users. we shall overthrow the tyranny that is the hive staff". but except this has less reading material and i dont have to reply because its a newspaper and no one replies to a newspaper. nor can i in any way. this is great and this is gonna be weekly instead of being monthly? AWWW MAAH LAWWDY i am in literacy heaven. and it is so lucky that this constructive criticism on the system of the site takes 2/5 of the whole reading material. i wouldnt want to miss out on any of that juicy drama

What is there not to like about Watchman's article? It's funny and awesome, and honestly, I don't know if he intends it to be taken seriously, but if you think of it as just something silly and nothing serious, it could be a lot more hilarious.

and check out the superb layout skills. it looks like a lot of small articles at first sight is actually 1 same article but coloured differently every paragraph for some UNKNOWN REASON. its an optical illusion :eek:.

that that giant ass white header. wow. its pure whiteness so reminds me of a real newspaper. you know how all newspapers are made out of glow-in-the-dark white paper? and i love how my pupils tenses up and spas when i see it. also, its sheer size. Bigger the better, right? it also tells me so much information, not to mention forcing me to utilize my entire screen.

Before we get started, note that this is a pilot, there will be errors, the formatting will need improvment, and we need more writers to help boost the content available.

. . .

and great job to the editor for keeping all the profanities in. i mean. obviously we need maximum vulgarity since we need to set a good example to all the new-comers. if this is gonna be in the front page of the site, obviously it needs to show the right attitude to anyone that might see it. and wow. you know that old saying, "you learn something new everyday"? i never knew the word is "annus", not "anus" like i've been always using. imagine the embarrassment if i misspelt that word in front of the whole site.

So vulgarities are not part of your normal, everyday vocabulary?
I mean seriously, this is the INTERNET. If you want to be nice and unoffensive and etc... Go somewhere else, not to the internet.

and the model section. IS IT INSIGHTFUL OR WHAT?! i mean. it describes detail by detail on what the animations are. AND if gives us the link to the model so we can check the animations right next to the commentary. your step by step commentary on the animation is a vital part. without it, a regular user will be at a loss. and something like a little interview with the creator himself would have been too much. you know. a little insight into the creator's mind so people can actually learn something off this newspaper or take inspiration?

What else can you put in a whole paragraph about a model? Of course you have to praise all the good points in the model, if you just came along and said "Hey guys, this week's model is BLABLA, gratz on winning etc etc." no one would care. You need a lot of writing material to keep people busy and interested. I don't know how well that worked.

oh. and that picture of the robot toilet. haha move along, frosty and ash and all oldfags. we have a real comedian here. not to mention, that pic deserved a whole crap loads of space for it because of its sheer awesome.
and that mecheon summon joke. because we have to keep on bringing back old users from the dead. classic. absolute gold. i mean we gotta have a joke that the new people dont understand as well as the old people find tiring. its simply genius.
i really like how it even labels it "The funny page". it is like it is asking you to not to forget that this is supposed to be funny, just in case you were too stupid to realised it is funny.

To be honest... I sort of agree. :/

If people want profanity to be reigned in man, just let me know, this is the pilot, its supposed to suck for the very reasons above.

Also, deo wrote the model spotlight, he is responsible for that content.
But then again, pyra, I would sincerely love for you to help me with a better layout, i am absolutly horrid with bbcode. Sincerely, before you go off on a rage about oldfags and new users, i would appreciate that you make it constructive instead of destructive criticisim.

Also watchman's rant IS too long, we already notified him to keep it shorter.

There are also going to be 2-3 more articles in the beginning. and the funny pages are going to be elaborated, but its not like i can make an entire weekly newspaper, make it in depth, hilarious, and well designed by myself.

if you find the word "pussymancer" funny, i would say you live in a rather sad sad world, inhabited entirely of grade 5 kids.

you are a writers team now. if you want to be taken seriously, then start acting seriously. otherwise, go ahead and swear to your heart's content. i dont really care because this has lost all entertainment value the moment you said "this is funny and awesome."

i would write some more biting remarks but i got some sleeping to do. hopefully this will suffice you for the next 7 hrs.

Well maybe we should recruit you for the funny pages, i am sure your biting sarcasm will encourage all the new users to strive to new heights.

Yes, and there are no grade 5 kids on the hive, and no older people who give a chuckle about a 'pussymancer' because its just dumb/humorous in a situational context?

or maybe we should ask you to write the funny pages?

or maybe you should tell us how its done, instead of listing off bullshit remarks with no constructive criticisim?

Instead of just shitting on me for doing somthing i feel like is fun and intresting for the hive, fuck off, or be constructive. I dont give a shit about people who rage and act like 12 year olds in a tantrum because it wasnt funny enough for you.

Your also ignoring the fact that its a pilot and its point is to collect constructive criticsim, not to be interesting.

Now i am going to ignore future posts that sound like you feel like throwing a tantrum and focus on the newspaper.

have a nice nightst sleep.

Level 27
Still TWIF, it was quite confusing with that rank and everything kinda like... in different pages. Everything should be simplier. Like fitsd goes some articles section, then other articles, then some rant (an entire one) (By the way Rants are kinda not really for the funny pages, they are more about expressing opinions so there should be special section about Opinions. Or maybe a special "Watchman's Rants" section as he said before), then reviews for resources (seriously, why did you forgot to put up mine?), then funny pages, not separately.

Skycraft, ahem, this was just a first try, if you look at all web comics, you can see first tryes are always unfunny, while upcomming ones become more and more awesome. And stop complaining. It's not like you can do better. And... wait, I'm pretty sure the more comics this newspaper will have, the better it will be. There's enough place for both comics, right? If you'll ever make one, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.