• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how would you suggest I remove the screams? Remove the details?

Fixed the eye catcher on the battle a little.

Attachments

• CT11.jpg
    CT11.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Level 21
Belgarath, don't golems look humanoid, because I'm sure they do. What do you expect a treant to be other then sticks and bushes?

let me rephrase that - it looks like a bunch of random sticks and bushes. the human form is not discernible at all, even with that glow giving a backdrop. just look at it, if noone had told me it was a golem, i would think that it's just... a bunch of bushes.

I have no skyscrapers an the hole should draw attention because it's the shit they've did when they've clashed with their fists.

the big apartment block houses is what i'm referring to. it's not a major issue, just something that caught my eye. but really, a giant.. red hole? it's just a giant attention sucker with no real look-good benefit, it looks like a big hole practically - and that's all there is to it, no doubts or questions of its nature or anything that might make it interesting.
something like an electrical storm around their fists or something would be better to show that THAT'S what happened with their fists.

Have you ever seen a storm which ended and the sun started shining through the weak clouds? You can clearly see this isn't the black storm which is causing tornados, heavy rain and etc.

the sun is shining right bang through the center of a cloudfront, with lightning and shit to either side, it would be a very weak shine. i agree that it should be probably behind the golems too

the real issue with the thing for me is that it really lacks the whole BATTLEFIELD element of things. when i look at it, i think, golem(s), clash of the titans, cataclysm, forces of nature colliding. but that's probably just me

Level 13
Looks much more evil I recommend you find a different tree model to use since the roots make it look a lot worst.

Level 31
Okay, like everyone told me, added a modern town in the background.
I made some screenshots with different explosion settings.

I think one of those screenshots will be my final entry.
Which do you think is the best?

Attachments

• TC11_FalloutTerrain14.jpg
    TC11_FalloutTerrain14.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 139
  • TC11_FalloutTerrain15.jpg
    TC11_FalloutTerrain15.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 154
  • TC11_FalloutTerrain16.jpg
    TC11_FalloutTerrain16.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 154
  • TC11_FalloutTerrain17.jpg
    TC11_FalloutTerrain17.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 137
Level 12
@chilla_killa, I think you need to make those buildings more distant. It will look much better and will stop sticking them to the rocks.

@Oziris, honestly that's the weirdest pose I've seen a titan in, and the recent changes make it look much weirder.
What are all those branches between his two arms?? And in general there are much more branches sticking out, and that makes it look just wrong. You'd better reconsider that layout.
Other than that since you removed the hole it looks much better and allows you to understand the "story" behind this terrain, rather than think how the hell does that hole have anything have to do with the fight.

Reactions: sPy
Level 48
Oziris, now the nature golem is even messier and less distinguishable. The last one was better. You should at least remove the Lava Golem's eyes, they really don't fit in.

chilla_killa, the city honestly doesn't looks very good, you should make it more varied, with more buildings, more height variation, and add A LOT of black\silhouette buildings in the far back, on a hill preferably. At the moment it looks like a few random buildings.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Okay, like everyone told me, added a modern town in the background.
I made some screenshots with different explosion settings.

I think one of those screenshots will be my final entry.
Which do you think is the best?
As of now the city isn't looking to great sadly, try fading it better and work with glow/fog doodads.

Level 16
A group of humans was walking in the wood and Bang!!

theambush.jpg

This one is the main proyect, but I Think at the begining is dificult to understand what is happen, so i put some other pictures of the most important points of the scene.

1. The shaman is giving a new face for the elf, the elf is bent, while the footman fight with the gigant.

2. The magician is being crossed by the tauren weapon.

3. And a jump...

I hope you like it!! ^.^

Attachments

• ambush3.jpg
    ambush3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 114
  • ambush2.jpg
    ambush2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 158
  • ambush1.jpg
    ambush1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 179
Level 21
Well it doesn't have to be in a humanoid shape! Its a God and we humans don't know their shape! I made it the way I imagine them. :)

I'll try to fix the ugly root problem.

Fixed it up a little (roots) and made a new head for the right God!

i sure hope that head is a joke
but really they have a humanoid shape since you gave them a humanoid shape.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
fladdermasken the background is cool, but I wondering where will you put a battlefield? In the sky?
As previously stated, it will be pre-battle between man and nature. I'll do my best to define it in the foreground, as you can see it's completely undetailed so far.
Man is represented by the constructions in the background and nature will be represented by either animals or natives.

Level 17
Woahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoah.
That's awesome.

Level 2
I would like to submit my screen shots, where/how do i do this?
(and also for future reference, how do i submit my map?)

Level 31
Away with the idea of a city in the background.
It messed up my whole concept.
The eye shall not be distracted by a city and should concentrate on the battle and the giant robot.

Also I liked my idea of having trapped the robot in between the Power Armor forces and a giant cliff, often found in Fallout.

So this is gonna be my final entry:

Attachments

• Terraining Contest 11 - Battlefield - Fallout terrain by chilla_killa.jpg
    Terraining Contest 11 - Battlefield - Fallout terrain by chilla_killa.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 529

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Here's an update on my entry, and most probably my final entry.
There's not a thing I dislike about your entry Keiji. It is both imaginative and extremely well executed.
Your ability to maintain high artistic standards never ceases to impress me.

Your style is fly, and you swagger along with it.

As far as i'm concerned, you're the winner of this contest.

Level 36
I love everything about that terrain, but I'm curious, where did you find those mushrooms?

Their from the Deadly Habits Modelle pack that was released in the forum some odd-number while ago, I honestly can't remember when, nor can I really find the thread again, only thing I know is that it was publicly released, else I wouldn't have it. I can upload the mushrooms if finding the pack proves to be very hard, to make this fair for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.