• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hi guys! I just came back from my 3-day long camp so I can be active in this thread again. So... What's new on the beta?

How's it goin? :)

Looked over the thread and it looks god damn amazing.

lol, James, you should sign up! ;)
Wouldn't it be nice to experience the fruit of our combined labour? ^^

EDIT: We have gotten about 11 signups at this point, but we want to have as many applied as possible before we make up our minds.
I'd say maybe we have one or two that are decided at this point, so keep applying.

Level 22
Don't you think you have condused it with the date that the post was uploaded? lol.

No it says exactly what I posted. Lemme check if it is still there.

"Closed Beta - 10/11/05" I don't know how we are going to go back in time and play the game on October 11th 2005.
You should probably fix that.

It also says "BETA TEAM SIGNUP - 10/11/13" above. Which doesn't make any sense, because the date read October 11th 2013.

Month/Day/Year
Just so you know Vuor. >.>

Level 22
It makes total sense to me. Year/Month/Day, the way it is supposed to be written. What you're talking about is the timestamp of the news post, which has nothing to do with the time the beta will occur, only the date at which he wrote that post.

Well in my country. (The USA) the dates are labeled: Month|Day|Year.

I have seen dates labeled as you have just stated but on very rare occasions.
Perhaps Vuor could just put small letters like: Y, D, and M to signify the Month, Day, and Year of reference.

Level 22
I have personally never seen your version, you always have the dates in ascending or descending "size" - a year is 12 months, a month is ~30 days. You could write day/month/year, or year/month/day. Doing it your way seems to me as unnatural as writing minutes before hours in digital time.

I assure you it is common practice where I'm from. I am instructed to place heading on my Algebra assignment pad in school and I was told by my teacher to place the date next to my name and use this format for the date. Month/Day/Year.
You will also notice if you look at your join date by clicking your profiles name, it will also read MonthXX-DayXX-YearXX.

I am just trying to encourage you and Vuor to fix this and make it more understandable to people who follow the format I do, or some completely incorrect or scientific format.

Level 9
In the USA, they do use Month/Day/Year. I learned that in my English classes. But in my country, we use Day/Month/Year.

Btw, recently, I got Garry's Mod installed on my computer, and I also downloaded a pack with Day of Defeat(an WW2 game) props, weapons, vehicles and soldiers. So if you guys want some inspiration, I can try making something in GMod with them, although I barely have experience with its tools.

Level 19
May I help out in the making of the game too? Like, right now I'm learning how to Model/Trigger, I hope it could be of some help Fingolfin...

Level 12
May I help out in the making of the game too? Like, right now I'm learning how to Model/Trigger, I hope it could be of some help Fingolfin...

Working more than two on the map would be very hard and annoying, even two is as well and we had to delete some of our both work for it to work several times.

But modelling, texturing is much easier to implement to the map so that would be helpfull I guess.

I'm sorry, but Vuorma already covers all the parts that i lack in (Webmastring, problem solving), and i want to keep as few people as possible working on the map since i don't want to have to send it around.

If you have anything non-editor related that you feel talented in, feel free to demonstrate for us and i might consider.

Level 19
I meant it was just an example, you know, like 'etc.'-- Oh never mind, back on topic...
So, how long till our first Beta test? Are most of the stuff here done in JASS?

Level 12
What about the second question? I'm really sorry Vuormalainen...

Fingolfin does JASS, I don't, so about 50/50 I guess.

Edit:
Btw, I recommend those kind souls who bear our signature to update it to get the shadow on it.
Also, if you update it to this img url you'll never have to change it again as I'll just have to replace the source image being retrieved by the code.

If you want it to link to our website:
HTML:
[URL="www.worldinflames.se"][IMG]http://www.worldinflames.se/images/signature.png[/IMG][/URL]

If you want it to link to this thread:
HTML:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/ww2-world-flames-revised-173036/"][IMG]http://www.worldinflames.se/images/signature.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.