• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Warcraft III - Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
@ indomitable1319: erm... I'm too young to die please don't! ^^

@ Jaakko: Thank you :)

@ GhostThruster: its not already reached the 8mb limit but I'm sure its will be in the final version optimized 8mb and no fear I don't want to use blizzard files and I will update the cardboard skin...

@ eMo2LoVe: you can look at my new changelog/progress at the first post when I'm finish with v.0.4alpha you will see the first demo version of chapter two under this site http://fusion-engineering-group.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14 but I will upload a
walkthrough video about the chapter two demo soon in order I can show you better the gameplay.

@ mckill2009: I hope it too...

@ topic: ok here now a screenshot that shows you the ceiling beasts in action:

Ingame%20Screenshot%208.PNG

Level 22
@xRiotZx: Let him use his doodads. Wc3 was DESIGNED to look ugly. You seen some of the models?
@Grievous1: Is it 8mb optimized or unoptimized? Coz optimizing saves like 1 meg.

@Emo2Love: He seems to be PMSing a bit. :p
Just kiddin' Ghost. xD

@Ghostthruster: Noob fail. :vw_unimpressed:

@Grevious1: Fix the visor for the Spetsnaz soldiers, they seem to look a bit, how would you say low quality. And they are the main characters of the game so perfecting them would be smart

Level 14
Chill alright?
I was just asking..
I know his maps ain't shit quality, ive been following his map projects for a very long time.

I hope I have answered your question good enough and thank you I hope my projects haven't a shitty quality :) and I still want to improve all that things... all in all followers like you are more than welcome.

@ xRiotZx: I don't know what are you mean that is just a photoshop effect from me in order to create a lightning effect or are you mean the Gasmask guy he is just closed beta character you aren't able to play him if you are not a beta tester his glass eyes just aren't have an alpha channel because he haven't a face skin. Its hears like you don't like the project or you just know really high quality projects (sorry that my project aren't good enough) but you should remember it is an alpha version of all this things that is reason number two why I'm not throwing out the demo yet.

@ GhostThruster: you are funny ^^ but the emotions thing is more than true.

@ pkw: thanks its just good enough for the physic system and a laggfree gameplay ^^ erm thank you at this point again for your project support I like your animations you have an answer to your msg but I think you will don't like it xD.

@ topic: I'm working on a new logo I know its looks still really simple and maybe silly but I can say you its really far from the final version maybe someone have better skills than me so no fear and give this shit a try ^^. Thank you again to all followers its really cool that you hold the topic alive and I'm really working hard on the project in order to show you more but around the week I have really much to do maybe on sunday I can you some new things about my modding progress... have a nice day

here now the logo wip picture:
Paranoia%20New%20Logo.png

Level 22
Here's what I meant by the visors looking like shit.
elevator20door.png

Notice I circled the visors with yellow circles and surrounded them with yellow boxes. Everything else covered by a circle are things I found to look of bad quality or out of place. Also you should work on the texture of the wall because that's the main thing you will see in-game and right now it looks terrifying. I think that snapshot would look so much better with nice clean textured walls.

Level 7
Also you should work on the texture of the wall because that's the main thing you will see in-game and right now it looks terrifying. I think that snapshot would look so much better with nice clean textured walls.
isnt that the point? this is a horror mod after all...

Level 14
The texture looks terrifyingly shitty. It looks like a pile of shit scraped across a wall. xD

Fix the visor as I stated earlier and Ghost stated, it makes the landscape look crappy. Number two fix the wall's texture, make it more high quality.

I think you don't know how the project works and the visor have already an alpha channel look at the model picture before you are posting something like this the white effect is just the lightning system you should understand that now and you call that walls maybe you should know that are just edited cliffs and warcraft just supports two cliff types in one map so I have one outside cliff and one indoor so I can't make an alternate wall for the little hospital region... maybe you will ask now why I'm using the shitty cliffs the answer is simple because of the physic system because wc3 can't check how high a doodad is (or I don't know how without a lot of laggs). Number two... why I'm using low quality skins because the high real textures has normaly a file size about 500kb and that for only one will be a little bit to high and can't be handle from the battle.net and the other thing is maybe you will remember this answer it is just a alpha preview of the project in order to show the followers something about the project if you don't like this project or hate it you should stop tracking it but maybe you understand now the situation and the skins will be updated a little bit by our new team member called M0rbid (the cardboards are already done...).

@ De.Facto: no fear give this shit a try. :)

@ topic: I will show you soon the first gameplay video so keep this creepy topic alive ^^ I hope you will like this news.

Level 22
I think you don't know how the project works and the visor have already an alpha channel look at the model picture before you are posting something like this the white effect is just the lightning system you should understand that now and you call that walls maybe you should know that are just edited cliffs and warcraft just supports two cliff types in one map so I have one outside cliff and one indoor so I can't make an alternate wall for the little hospital region... maybe you will ask now why I'm using the shitty cliffs the answer is simple because of the physic system because wc3 can't check how high a doodad is (or I don't know how without a lot of laggs). Number two... why I'm using low quality skins because the high real textures has normaly a file size about 500kb and that for only one will be a little bit to high and can't be handle from the battle.net and the other thing is maybe you will remember this answer it is just a alpha preview of the project in order to show the followers something about the project if you don't like this project or hate it you should stop tracking it but maybe you understand now the situation and the skins will be updated a little bit by our new team member called M0rbid (the cardboards are already done...).

@ De.Facto: no fear give this shit a try. :)

@ topic: I will show you soon the first gameplay video so keep this creepy topic alive ^^ I hope you will like this news.

I don't think you understand I am supporting the project, or else I wouldn't be bumping it with posts. Would I?
I'm simply telling you what you should improve, whether or not you think it's true or plausible is up to you.

Don't worry, Grevious1. You don't have to respond to him.

@xRiotZz: Cut Grevious1 some slack, ok? It is good to give him criticism. It is bad to criticise him, if you understand. You are just continually giving him negative feedback, I'd be pissed off if someone just said "Your doodads look like crap", or "Your textures are terrifyingly shit", or even worse "Oh, stop being a drama queen, I'm supporting this project because of my such nice comments and opinions, ain't I?". So, what I'm trying to tell you, is, give him some critique, but every once in a while throw in some compliments, don't just try to peck at the flaws. Besides, compared to nearly every other mod, this is just magnificent, even the textures. And also like I stated before, "Wc3 was designed to look like shit".

Level 22
Don't worry, Grevious1. You don't have to respond to him.

@xRiotZz: Cut Grevious1 some slack, ok? It is good to give him criticism. It is bad to criticise him, if you understand. You are just continually giving him negative feedback, I'd be pissed off if someone just said "Your doodads look like crap", or "Your textures are terrifyingly shit", or even worse "Oh, stop being a drama queen, I'm supporting this project because of my such nice comments and opinions, ain't I?". So, what I'm trying to tell you, is, give him some critique, but every once in a while throw in some compliments, don't just try to peck at the flaws. Besides, compared to nearly every other mod, this is just magnificent, even the textures. And also like I stated before, "Wc3 was designed to look like shit".

There's a difference between unconstructive criticism and criticism.
I am giving him a way to fix it which is constructive. Like this for example.
"Your doodads look like shit and the wall's texture looks like the back end of my ass. Make a better texture and get rid of those horrid cardboard boxes."

I'm helping not hindering. So don't take offense.
Also thank you for big green ball GhostThruster. :D

Np. I never said your posts were unconstructive, however they should be more encouraging, as:
1. Good encouragement and constructive criticism.
2. Constructive criticism.
3. Good encouragement.
4. Spam.
5. "Thiz projekt epic phails, u suk ballz! lolol."

Your comments are no. 2, but you can make them into no. 1:
"Wow, the atmosphere is pretty good, however I think the doodads and walls could be better with a higher quality texture. I also dislike the boxes, but the rest is fab."

Level 13
Its looking epic Grivious1, I think I'll reconsider 'Afterlife' as being my favorite shooter.
After I test it, of course ^^

Level 13
(sorry for the offtopic) in Afterlife you should never do the right clicking, always press 'A' and then left click. You should only right click if you want to run away without attacking.

But I'm looking forward to seeing the systems you'll use in this too, I hope they'll be more efficient then Afterlife's.

Level 14
i believe he does it old style. Like in witd. Maybe with a following cam function :3

I will using the new selfmade witd physic system v.2.0 its will be again with a following camera and the simple self shooting system (Press A and choose the target area) it hears like the boring witd but I have updated the complete system now its supports meele weapons reload and shooting animations/sounds for every single weapons and different attachment models... and this time with a clip, ammo and battery for the flashlight system.

ok... here now a little gameplay description:
Paranoia is for 4 Players... every single player will be able at the start of the game to vote for one of the difficults (easy, normal and hard) after that they vote for one of the 3 chapters (Chapter 1: The Investigation, Chapter 2: The First Contact and Chapter 3: The Dead Signal) after that you will choose one of 4 characters (one of them are able to walk into smoke) also they are just the same and don't have any different stats. After that the Players will start in the choosed start chapter with the beginner equip Ak, Pistol, one Painkiller and one medkit but I think the most of the players will choose the first chapter in order to know the complete story also if the players will choose it they will start with a other AI controlled team and you will become the missions from AI controlled squad leader (missions like destroy the bridge, drive with the apc, defend for xxx minutes and something like this) after a while the AI players will die and die so the players will be alone in chapter 2 and they musst choose a new human controlled leader of the team who knows what he does at this point I don't want to tell you more about the complete gameplay and story concept. but here a picture (I have updated the cardboards and hospital lamp skins a little bit)

Ingame%20Screenshot%209.PNG

@ xRiotZx: I have never think that you comments were unconstructive but you have ignored some of my answers that I can't update some of this things so I have think that you don't like me or the project and the most of the negative feedback was reason number 2 to think that.

@ GhostThruster: I will show you soon a gameplay trailer about the controlls and the accidentally generated maps and yes I have read it sorry but I'm busy arround the weeks I will send it at the weekend.

Ingame%20Screenshot%2010.PNG

Last edited:
Level 14
@ Zealon: thank you :D

@ GhostThruster: maybe I should make it and thank you I have finished now the elevator terrain I will upload soon a screeny after that I will show you some outdoor terrain :)

@ topic: If someone want to support our project no fear to put our paranoia logo into your signature here the code:

HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-iii-paranoia-181776/][IMG]http://ror.redio.de/Signatur.png[/IMG][/URL]

and well I can't leave you alone with a post without any picture here now the brain tree the mind controller of the mutants:
Brain%20Tree.PNG

Level 13
You make all these models yourself, right? Its almost unbelievable to think that this model is for WC3, the quality is incredible. Nice work, I would like to see this thing ingame ;D

And sure, I'll use your sig ;)

Level 14
yeah the mesh is recreated at some models because of the high polygon count and the animations are made by our animator pkw but the skins are just from the half life 1 paranoia mod but I have the full rights to use anything (see the first post under permission) so I can't see any problem or :) ? Yeah I want it too because the event code for the thing is not finish yet but I'm sure we are able soon to kick this thing in his ass xD. btw. thank you for the signature support... +rep.

Level 14
Yeah, but how do you make the button? Does it appear when you hover your cursor over an object, or is it a permanent doodad?

its just a doodad with a little up and down animation that will be removed after the use action its hears simple but I think its looks cool enough and the players knows what is to do with consoles and doors. btw the bad UI is almost done I will send it to you tomorrow.

Level 7
will the brain tree be THE boss (final)? it seems to be similiar to the Overmind of WITD...hope it's more challenging though :D

Level 9
Perhaps, yeah it seems like a final boss, but that isn't my call. Anyways, he could have an ability to spawn minions, like normal zombies or something, to aid him.

Level 14
will the brain tree be THE boss (final)? it seems to be similiar to the Overmind of WITD...hope it's more challenging though :D

no paranoia haven't any bosses the brain tree (and who says that we have only one brain tree ^^) will die after one grenade explosion the final will be a explosive running event the players musst leave the station in 3 minutes or something like this also a open ending but I don't want tell the complete and right ending yet... I think its musst be a suprise... no fear I don't make the same shit again :)

Level 25
Shooter games/maps rarely have bosses.

• Alien Swarm - Pretty sure there's a few bosses in it.
  • BrainBread (HL1 Mod) - Bob the Zombie (or whatever)
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Russian boss guy at the end
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - The general guy at the end... was more of a cinematic but it still counts!
  • Condemned: Criminal Origins - Serial Killer X, Some crazy ass butcher, etc.
  • Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Grizzly Bear, Giant Metal Mutant Guys, Nutjob at the end
  • Crysis: Warhead - The big spider mecha
  • Dark Messiah Might & Magic - Cyclops, undead cyclops, orc chieftain, dragon, skeleton dragon
  • Doom III - The demon at the end
  • Half-Life - The Hydra and the big alien at the end
  • Half-Life 2 - Dr. Breen, Striders, etc.
  • Left 4 Dead - Special Infected (Not so much of a boss, but I'm sure the Tank counts)
  • Killing Floor - The Patriarch (AKA Mad Scientist)
  • Pain Killer - Lots of bosses...
  • Serious Sam - LOTS of bosses

Define "rare"?

Status
Not open for further replies.