• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #5 - Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Lich, you forgot about few(and I think some aren't the last version)
I'm sure you forgot that epic Thor(it was half colored) and some others unfinished(WIP counts too I believe)
But good job anyways :)

Oh and good luck to everyone and may the best concept wins :D
(I have my favorite, but I won't reveal it jet)

Level 12
Lich, you forgot about few(and I think some aren't the last version)
I'm sure you forgot that epic Thor(it was half colored) and some others unfinished(WIP counts too I believe)
But good job anyways :)

Oh and good luck to everyone and may the best concept wins :D
(I have my favorite, but I won't reveal it jet)

Yeah Berz, but those were only WiPz, and as far as I know, both a WiP and a final submission are needed for a full entry (right?).

Level 9
Anyway, I'll upload its latest version... Just for the lulz. :vw_sleep:

Attachments

• Cipactli copy.jpg
    Cipactli copy.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,323

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Whenever Pyritie comes around I'm sure you'll be confirmed as a judge.

Level 10
Okay, here's my final submission, I don't think I am going to have time to improve it... Is this one better?:
ConceptArt# Mythology-DwarfWIP6.jpg

Good Luck to everyone!

Level 13
Unfortunately Krl70, the contest has already ended. But if you're lucky, they might still let your final submission be accepted ;)

Anyone else interested in judging?

Have I been confirmed as a judge? or do i need to do anything?
I thought you were a writer, not a drawer?

Okay, here's my final submission, I don't think I am going to have time to improve it... Is this one better?:

Good Luck to everyone!

should be fine

Level 9
Pyritie said:
Anyone else interested in judging?
Well, i could if noone better signs up. I'm quite interested in drawings and have some theorethical knowledge (perspective, anatomy, lighting, that sort of things), tho the only proof that i have are a few laughable portraits... Altho i do not consider myself to have any better judging capabilities than anyone else would have

Level 10
So, do we get to spam Pyritie to open a poll like we did on emoticon contest while we wait for some judges to get selected, or do we have to wait for the judge conflict to solve up?

EDIT: How delightful! 400 posts! I feel like spinning in a celebratory fashion!

I didn't judge it if i remeber correctly. It was my mistake, on what i wanted to be presented as the concept, i should have been more specific, on the entry paramaters, everything else was adequate.

This i me judging a art contest, not making one, or anything else, there is little correlation between events. I am not having the argument about my fail with my own contests entry parameters again.

Py, am i judging or not?

I have the requisite knowlage of anatomy, art stlyes, whatever you need, just because i'm not great at art doesent mean i cant judge it well and provide a well documented judges opinion. hell, writing is half of the work anyway... (not really) -.- just hurry up and make a decision, people want the judging to start.

Level 7
OK, men, this is madness (madness? THIS IS HIVE WORKSHOP!!!!). TWIF is not a drawer. HOWEVER he can still have a basic (or even advanced) practice in judging some pictures. Actually, I think that if a picture is really good, then anyone can tell it that it is better than the other. It depends on the style and not the talent.
Anyway, I think there will be a public poll too, am I right?

I never said anyhting about pictures.

This is silly.

You need a judge.
I fit the critera.
There arent that many other people who want to be a judge.
I have a fine grasp of art.
Fine theoretical understanding of art (even though i am no artist)
and am a fine critic.

We all want this to be judged, and you havent given a reason why i shouldent.

Last edited:
Level 37
I don't understand you people...

If TWIF is being a judge, then all concepts will be rated by the same criteria, right? And what is the problem here? -There isn't any. Instead of being happy that we HAVE a judge(not like in hero contest where they are waiting for over 6 months) there are always people whining. I'm not having nothing against anybody, I'm just telling my point of view.

Level 38
. hell, writing is half of the work anyway... (not really) -.- just hurry up and make a decision, people want the judging to start.

I think writing is more like 90% of the work with judging things...Basically you have to convey the successes and failures of a piece into words, and possibly write down ways in which it could be improved to offer a little constructive feedback.

As long as you don't say you simply like something, don't like something, or think something is interesting. By themselves such phrases are virtually meaningless. When fallowed by an objective description of what invoked such subjective responses they become more useful. The more objective the feedback, the better.

I don't see a focus on writing as a problem with judging.

Anyways, most of the time the poll opens when the contest is over, and the judgment results take another month to come in. So it would be nice if the poll was up...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I can't say I agree that writing is half the job (I know you were joking, TWIF), even if it's part of the effort to write a review, writing a review doesn't depend on how well you can write, but how well you can express what's wrong - and that again builds on your knowledge within art, or specific fields that relate to art in such a way it can be judged (such as a medicine student, that has studied anatomy, being able to judge whether the anatomy of a human is plausible or not). In the end, though, being a poet has nothing to do with being able to review, and judge, artwork. Being an artist and/or having an education within art (and other relevant fields).

I'm not saying TWIF shouldn't judge, I'm just pointing out that he's not perfect for the job (and not proven to be qualified). I don't mind if TWIF judges, but if there are better options, I prefer those.

Status
Not open for further replies.