• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Modeling contest #4 - TOWERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new Wip(pretty messy WiP), Nothing pretty extraordinary, except i have started on the front now. I have to put some more triangles on some of the red flesh bit (fig2), and I have to fill the bottom of the fleshtower (fig3) but apart from that I'm doing pretty well.
WiP2.JPG

DevilsTowerWIP2.jpg

Small update:
Added skulls on the tower, and the glowing eyes will be teamcoloured.

Notes:
- The skulls will have some colour tinting when the mesh is completed and exported.
- The glowing eyes are made of square planes, thus you see the awkward look on the image. It will look better when the model is exported.
- You could say that the skulls came from monsters with big nostrils, thus you see the nose hole part being huge. =P
- Still need to add more accessories before I can start on the demon.

Level 31
K well here is my submission. This is a mortar tower. Have fun! :D
attachment.php

And yes...this time the preview is an ingame screeny. :D

(BTW the particles in magoes look nothing like the particles in game. Like at all.)

THE CLIFF TEXTURE CHANGES AUTOMATICALLY DEPENDING ON WHAT MAP TILESET YOU USE.

Attachments

• CannonTowerV4_portrait.mdx
    231.2 KB · Views: 2,703
  • Tada18.png
    Tada18.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,677
  • CannonTowerV4.mdx
    250.4 KB · Views: 2,721
Last edited:
Level 35
Its awesome Mr Bob, really nice work and the texture cliff detail just adds to the overall greatness. The only thing would be that some more animations, since that would make the model so sweet. Right now its only has those few animations and one of them is just particle's + up and down movements. If some more stand animations with the canon moving or something happening with the barrels, perhaps with the rocks getting scattered in multiple directions when it dies, to give a greater impression of a armoury/gunpowder depot that explodes under the structure.

Okay, Almost Finished :) Only needs animations, a fueltank at the side, fix the door, Attack, Stand Ready, Stand, Death and Birth Animation xD Hope you still like ^^
attachment.php
attachment.php

And also, what do you think about making the top spin right before it sends a lightning/plasma bolt against its target? ^^

The tower is simply awesome, +rep ^^

Cant wait to see the final version, it can be used for some many things... reactor, slime/plague tank, tesla/plasma tower and on and on...

Dosen't really looks like a slime tank anymore :/ but well, will do a slime tank afterward then xD

Attachments

• ATT2.png
    ATT2.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 2,913
  • ATT3.png
    ATT3.png
    300.3 KB · Views: 2,935
Sounds like an nice idea, allthough the "chamber" currently are team colored which makes it hard to make team colored paticle emitters that looks anything like steam or gas xD

Well might just remove the team color anyway ^^ will se what looks the best :)

Edit: When it comes to it, I actually think it might be a good idea with team colored fog, since all of those idears would be possible at once :D

Another minor update :)
Construction:
attachment.php

Mind you that this is a picture taken inside milkshape so in the finished version: the black parts wil be alphaed away, that the fence will be visible on all sides and you won't be able to see the bones ^^

Last edited:
Okay Im up to animation now, But I need an opinion on something, Do you think the base of the SkinTower should be left nice and clean like in the WIp below or Messy with extra skin like in my Concept?

what is wrong with the hive in making such gory stuff? o_O
Not only you, but pyramidhead with his leach drawing etc. HAHA

anyway the concept is lovely, but I suggest you to make it more gory, add more stiches and blood etc.

Level 35
Okay Im up to animation now, But I need an opinion on something, Do you think the base of the SkinTower should be left nice and clean like in the WIp below or Messy with extra skin like in my Concept?

I like the concept picture better.. gives of a better feeling of "being a skin tower" which also appear somewhat alive.

Finished :D

Updates:
Animations (Stand 1-3, Birth, Death, Attack, and Stand Ready)
Camera
Sounds
Attachment Points
Particles and spawn objects
Added team Color

Recommendations:
Use a tweeked version of lightning attack with mana burn lightning for attacks.
Use Ziggurat shadow

Enjoy :D

Attachments

• Advanced Tesla Tower.jpg
    Advanced Tesla Tower.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 400
  • Advanced TESLA Tower.mdx
    175.6 KB · Views: 82
Level 3
Silent, what programs are you using to make your models?
And also, can you link them so i can Dl em? :)

Level 13
@Just_Spectating, I aree with peper, that is just WAY too scary for me...

it comes out of the ground and smacks you in the face...

:sad: :hohum:

Status
Not open for further replies.