• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 17 - Air Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
This falls into the catagory of Plane.

Very well, get it? a PLANE? cuz it's a plane.. think of it as a pun.
not funny. you should've received an infraction for this

a little WIP
2lwmx6h.jpg

(before asking "why the heck is this gonna fly??!?!" it has a flying carpet)

Last edited:
Level 26
This falls into the catagory of Plane.

Edit: has the following animations:
Stand
Death
Attack
Walk

not funny. you should've received an infraction for this

The original message posted by the user Ikillforyou did not merit an infraction. It was however, blatant spam, and he has receive negative reputation for that.

Jokes are always welcome here, but don't spam the fuck out of a thread with 40 hidden boxes. Don't do it again.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I'll enter to, but the anim's on it might look weird =/

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Here's a WIP of my creature thing.
Edit-They're smaller now.

~When I get time I'll edit them down

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 26
Here's a WIP of my creature thing. I have dual monitor's and didnt have time to edit out the second one so they're going to be huge/actual size.... (sorry)

~When I get time I'll edit them down

Dude, you are running microsoft vista, you have MS paint. Just crop out the useless shit next time. We dont need to see half your desktop background. You didnt even zoom in on your model. Its a 400x400 pixel WIP, with 2000x2000 pixels of useless stuff.

Level 11
OK I have a question. I have a material that is used by some stuff and it will be 2-sided. But also some things that are using it need not be 2 sided. So if they use this material their second side wont be seen(will be on the inside of the model). Question is should I have 1 material that is 2 sided and let everything that uses it be 2-sided, or create 2 materials(with same texture) and make only 1 2-sided and assigned groups properly. This is mostly concerning model size and poly count (since I think 2-siding doubles the poly count). Hope you can understand what I mean...

Also, I hope that few people who didn't release any WIPs yet will do so soon. Would be nice to see what they are doing ^^

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Dude, you are running microsoft vista, you have MS paint. Just crop out the useless shit next time. We dont need to see half your desktop background. You didnt even zoom in on your model. Its a 400x400 pixel WIP, with 2000x2000 pixels of useless stuff.

There they're smaller now. BTW I'm using windows 7, vista is a POS.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I'm finished my model, it's my first attempt at animating so it might get a bit weird... I'm also not the best at modeling so I did something simple.
Working time: 4-5 hrs
-Done in Milkshape, and edited with Magos Model Editor

Edit: Added a portrait
Edit: Re-made all of the anim's just so I could turn the model around :grin:

Attachments

• Zenoth Scout V2.mdx
    23.8 KB · Views: 179

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yayoi, what DonDustin means is that it looks like your model is facing the wrong way. The eyeball is in the back and the legs are facing forward. So when it moves ingame, the eyeball will be facing backwards, and it doesn't make sense

Oh lol.. I've always made doodad's so I never noticed. I'll update it in a few.

Edit: Does anyone know how to turn it around without losing the anim's, camera, etc?

An animation WIP

jkds9w.gif

I'm feeling squeeze on it, there's 60 bones. That's the most I've used in one model so far.

Come together, right now. Over me.

reminds me of that Big huge creature in the movie of Steven Speilberg ''the fog'' or something like that, can't remember the name..

the movie with that strange mist with strange creepy creatures in it..

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I fixed and updated my post with the model. Had to re-make all of the animation's but they look a lot better now.

Level 11
Wip 3

OK, its WIP time ;D
I think this is what I want with the mesh. I'm just not sure about guns(yeah thos sticks that at place where wing meets main body). They look silly, but I doubt they will be that visible in-game so making them detailed seams like useless work (not to mention raising poly count). There are still some unseen polies (like behind the mouth), so I will need to remove them, and then its off to animation. God help me...

Attachments

• WIPscreen3.png
    WIPscreen3.png
    440.4 KB · Views: 185
Level 26
and another wip :D
improved the wrap a bit, added legs and created a base shape for the tail. I also had to tint the model a bit, because I did not managed to wrap the leg with the pitlord texture. I'm using for that are the faceless one texture now.

128728-albums637-picture32086.jpg

Level 31
and another wip :D
improved the wrap a bit, added legs and created a base shape for the tail. I also had to tint the model a bit, because I did not managed to wrap the leg with the pitlord texture. I'm using for that are the faceless one texture now.

128728-albums637-picture32086.jpg

Ok, before anyone complains to you about the seams in the wrap, let me remind everyone that using that texture is insanely difficult. That's some serious wrapping talent right there.

Level 11
Wow I remembered to make a da Vinci stile helicopter and now everyone is using some kind of da Vinchi idea :p
Looks good tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.