• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I should start my hero entry since I only have the concept.
Anyway, the required MissleEngine for my Ultimate is nearly finished.
CustomMissle

Anachron don't take it personal but I think TRD and I have to discuss if you are allowed to use your Projectile System, since projectile systems are not allowed and your started the system a long time before this contest.
In addition there should be the same chances for all entrants (rules)

New ideaz!!!!!1111!!11

Elemental Shifter

Cycle: Changes the form of the elemental shifter over a period of 5/3/1 seconds, during which it is unable to move, attack or use abilities. The forms, in order, are Nature -> Water -> Thunder -> Nature etc.

Aid: An ability which targets friendly units in an area and has an effect based on the current form:
Nature: Thorns emerge from allies' skin, causing 10/30/50% of damage to be reflected for 10/15/20 seconds.
Water: Showers healing rain over allies, restroing 200/300/400 health over a period of 20/15/10 seconds.
Thunder: Purges all negative effects from allies, and prevents negative effects from applying to them for 10/15/20 seconds. Causes 100/150/200 damage to summoned units, allies or enemies.

Wrath: An ability which targets enemy units in an area and has an effect based on the current form:
Nature: Entangles enemies with roots which holds them in place, preventing them from moving and deals damage over time. The roots will slowly recede, reducing the damage, until they are gone completely. Lasts 5/10/15 seconds.
Water: Launches a wave of water at the enemy, knocking them back and dealing 100/150/200 damage.
Thunder: A storm cloud appears over the target area, and lightning bolts lash out at enemies, targeting those with higher health fist. Bolts deal 10/20/30% of the target's current health in damage. Lasts 5/10/15 seconds.

Elemental Aura: A passive aura which has a different effect based on the current form. When changing forms, aura effects from the previous form continue to apply for 3 seconds.
Nature: Strengthens the skin of allies to be as hard as bark, adding a bonus of 6 to armor class.
Water: Rising of natural fluids around the Element of Water cause the movemnt speed and attack rate of nearby enemies to slow by 30%.
Thunder: Nearby allies' weapons are charged with electricity, causing them to deal 3 extra damage, and stun the enemy with a hit once every 10 seconds.

It'll be hard to balance it, but the figures currently they don't seem too high do they? I can always scale them down (or up) if necessary.

By the way: it's not mentioned there, nor will it be mentioned in the actual spell descriptions, but I plan to have some hidden synergy, such as rain causing the entangling roots to grow so they last longer, and the storm and rain clouds could merge, making it more destructive. Oh, and a tip: thunder sets plants on fire :D.

Level 25
Go go hero abuse! :p

Seriously, that is a fu**ing abuse there EoF, you pretty much made a hero with 9 skills.

We discussed this situation when a guy wanted to implement 2-3 extra skills through his ultimate and whether it should be allowed for a contestant to abuse the hero by making him branch out different skills through 1 skill.

If this get's allowed im gonna go and abuse my hero as well, since hell 9 abilities stand more chance to impress someone than 4 :p

EDIT:

Count me in too

Azsure (I'm going to use the Gemini Warrior model if it's allowed)
Moonlight Member

Spells:
Moon Strike: The Hero concentrates the power of the moon in both hand for 1 second and damage an unit stunning it for 3 seconds (level skill increases the stun duration)

Panther Summoning: (I'm going to use the panther model and the icon if it's allowed) Summons a strongth panther that gains power as more as the hero does, but it takes you half of your life to summon it, and you can unsummon it and restore your strength using the power left of the panther. If the panther dies you will have a little trouble. (Increases the panther's life and mana and adds more skills while the skill level is increased)

Moonlight: during the night your life and mana regeneration increase dramatically, but in the day it decreases to 0

Power Merged: After summoning your panther and learned this skiill, it won't show into you button skills until you panther is being summoned and it's closed enough to you for merge with you addin you more power and spells, also when you merge it qutomatically turns night permanent, when the merge ends it wll turn into day automatically. Lasts 60 seconds.

Spell Merged: (this model is going to be a request for General Frank, I will send the link when I made it)

Moon Strike: The same.

Growl of the Wild: (Non-Hero Abilitie) (Replaces the Panther Summoning) Louds a growl that increases your attack speed for a few seconds.

Moonlight: The same

Panther Spells:

Unsummon: (Non-Hero Abilitie) Grants you the ability to unsummon the panther restoring you power with the panther's power left

Growl of the Wild: (Non-Hero Abilitie) (second level skill) The same that the one of the merge (this is useful when you stun someone with you first spell so the panther will start to attack the unit while is stunned)

Critical Strike: (Non-Hero Abilitie) (third level skill) Have a 10% to do x2 damage when you attack.

If I broke any rule in this hero tell me so I will change that.

TRD said:
Azsure, ummm, I believe 4 spells is the max. You are going to make a hero which represents you and give it 4 abilities that fit who you are.

EDIT2:

That might sounded a bit harsh, but that is my opinion in it's raw form.

Like it or not i am free to express it.

I just don't want to see an inbalance when it comes to the contestants chance to win, and you my sir would make a great disbalance by submiting a hero with 4 abilities which in a pseudo way function like 9 different skills.

I call for the mods to answer about this issue NOW.

Stop calling me EoF. I'm EoW. It's confusing being called Element of Fire or whatever you seem to think it is.

Anyway, about the hero... I really like the idea of abilities that change based on the form... maybe I could just do abilities with exactly the same effect, but different sfx for different elements, and they can synergise based on the element (like shock does more damage to units already affected by water?)

Level 16
Stop calling me EoF. I'm EoW. It's confusing being called Element of Fire or whatever you seem to think it is.

Anyway, about the hero... I really like the idea of abilities that change based on the form... maybe I could just do abilities with exactly the same effect, but different sfx for different elements, and they can synergise based on the element (like shock does more damage to units already affected by water?)

The idea may be nice, but like Kingz said it's an abuse of the current rules. TRD allready stated that more than 4 abilities are not allowed.

I don't think that it's too hard to create heroes with just 4 abilities fitting the rules ...

Level 17
I guess it's back to my original idea then, but without the "wrath" ability...

That's why I personally hate giving too much information about the spells before the final submission...

Edit:

Guuuuys, I'm fed up with this so I guess I need some advice.

JASS:
    private struct SpellData
        unit Caster
        real x
        real y
        timer t
        integer Count

static method Execute takes nothing returns nothing
            local thistype data = thistype(GetTimerData(GetExpiredTimer()))
            call BJDebugMsg("in")

call Meteor.create(data.Caster, data.x, data.y)
            set data.Count = data.Count + 1
            if data.Count >= WAVES then
                call PauseTimer(data.t)
                call data.destroy()
            endif
        endmethod

static method create takes unit Caster, real x, real y returns thistype
            local thistype data = thistype.allocate()

set data.Caster = Caster
            set data.x = x
            set data.y = y
            set data.Count = 0

set data.t = NewTimer()
            call SetTimerData(data.t, integer(data))
            call TimerStart(data.t, TIME_BETWEEN, true, function thistype.Execute)

return data
        endmethod

method onDestroy takes nothing returns nothing
            call ReleaseTimer(this.t)
            set this.Caster = null
        endmethod
    endstruct
//===========================================================================
    private function onStart takes nothing returns boolean
        local SpellData data

if GetSpellAbilityId() == AID then         
            set data = SpellData.create(GetSpellAbilityUnit(), GetSpellTargetX(), GetSpellTargetY())
            call SaveInteger(ht, 0, GetHandleId(GetSpellAbilityUnit()), data)
        endif

return false
    endfunction

private function onStop takes nothing returns boolean
        local SpellData data

if GetSpellAbilityId() == AID then
            set data = LoadInteger(ht, 0, GetHandleId(GetSpellAbilityUnit()))
            call PauseTimer(data.t)
            call data.destroy()
        endif

return false
    endfunction
//===========================================================================
    private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        local trigger tri = CreateTrigger()

call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(tri, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
        call TriggerAddCondition(tri, Condition(function onStart))

call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(tri, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_ENDCAST)
        call TriggerAddCondition(tri, Condition(function onStop))

set ht = InitHashtable()
    endfunction

I don't know why, but I can't reach the method Execute. I don't get that BJDebugMsg ingame and the other actions aren't executed as well so ... can you help me? <.<

Last edited:
Level 4
This is my hero!=)

Egorman
Bloodthirsty Orc
Abilities:
Bloody Whammy
The transformation of this enemy soldier in a randomly selected animal. This soldier deprived of the opportunity to use their abilities and receives damage.
Level 1 - 2 damage per second. Time of action - 3 sec.
Level 2 - 4 damage per second. Time of action - 5 sec.
Level 3 - 6 damage per second. Time of action - 7 sec.
Orcs
The hero calls upon the two orcs who help him within 40 seconds.
Level 1 - 450 health, 20 - 21 Damage.
Level 2 - 550 health, 30 - 31 Damage.
Level 3 - 650 health, 40 - 41 Damage and the ability to 'Stunning blow'.
Vampirism of Strenght (Passive)
Orc receives health when attacking an enemy unit.When attacking a hero orc gets 1 extra strength for some time.
Level 1 - 5% of the damage.More strength for 15 seconds.
Level 2 - 10% of the damage.More strength for 30 seconds.
Level 3 - 15% of the damage.More strength for 45 seconds.
Blood Pool (Ultimate)
Around Orc blood pool appears that deals 100 damage and the initial attracting enemies to the Orc does 35 damage per sec. Lasts 11 sec.

Thanks for icons and models!!!

Attachments

• Egorman Hero.w3x
    171.5 KB · Views: 348
Level 8
well uh here's one WIP. (yeah just one :p)
and i know, i know, the terrain's dull. i just created a new map, placed my hero and tried to create an ability. for now i'm still fixing some abilities. i'm tooooo slow. :eek:

DancingFlames.JPG

i'm still looking for a more flame-y model to those balls. they're actually Pyritie's balls. wait, uhh, i mean, they're Pyritie's FireUber ball models. recolored in the OE. if it's not allowed, i'll change it back to its reddish color. (though i liked it cyan-ish) :3
and the model of the hero is HeroDemonHunter by Afronight_76, and also still looking for something better.

btw, can i ask this. 4 abilities is the max abilities allowed, right? what about something like, adding Permanent Invisibility (or an orb-based skill) because of a skill activation, then removing that Permanent Invisibility after an event (e.g. attacking something), does it still count as another ability?

Level 25
@ElementOfWater

Sorry for calling your EoF it was somewhat late when i replied here.

@xxdingo93xx

Make sure you haven't forgot to put "initializer Init" on the code start.

Try putting a debug message in the Start method, you might find yourself suprised.

Also nulling variables in onDestroy() method is unneeded since afaik they are nulled automatically(or so i have been told).

GetSpellAbilityUnit() can be replaced with GetSpellTargetUnit() or GetTriggerUnit() depending what GetSpellAbilityUnit() returns.

Level 17
Make sure you haven't forgot to put "initializer Init" on the code start

Oh please ... :p
I'm not a beginner ... not anymore ^^

Try putting a debug message in the Start method, you might find yourself suprised.

Did it already, the create method is running fine.

Also nulling variables in onDestroy() method is unneeded since afaik they are nulled automatically(or so i have been told).

It is a leak, it is smaller than usual leaks but it is STILL a leak. Also, it doesn't slow down the code nullifying the handles even if it is a lesser significant leak, in fact, it is safer since it kills the leaks without the costs of efficiency.

GetSpellAbilityUnit() can be replaced with GetSpellTargetUnit() or GetTriggerUnit() depending what GetSpellAbilityUnit() returns.

GetSpellAbilityUnit() can be replaced with GetTriggerUnit() here since it both returns the casting unit. This spell is a point (or better - area) target spell so there is no specific unit target.

The problem was this in the Init trigger. I gave the trigger variable tri two events and 2 conditions. Thus it starts the spell when casting it but immediately stops it as well. I solved the problem by seperating the events and conditions in 2 triggers ;)

Ravyn - WIP submission
-Thief/Mystic

Abilities
-Pick Pocket(Active)
-Thinking
-Thinking
-Phase Shift(Ultimate)

Here you go;
View attachment 78693

Your ultimate is interesting, but you should really consider using timers over TriggerSleepAction. Pick Pocket is a rather situational skill, which makes it useless.

Level 17
Final Submission

Hero: Lightning Spirit
Main Attribute: Intelligence

Neues Bild (1).jpg
Neues Bild.jpg

Shocker

icons_10329_btn.jpg

Makes the Lightning Spirit throw an orb of pure lightning towards the target direction.
While moving, the shocker sends out 3 waves of smaller lightning orbs chasing nearby enemies to deal damage to them.

Level 1 - 10 damage per missile.
Level 2 - 15 damage per missile.
Level 3 - 20 damage per missile.

Lightning Curse

icons_7773_atc.jpg

Curses the enemied target unit causing it to receive additional damage whenever it receives damage caused by other sources than 'Lightning Curse'.

Level 1 - Receives 1% additional damage.
Level 2 - Receives 2.5% additional damage.
Level 3 - Receives 4% additional damage.

Lightning Vortex

icons_6299_pas.jpg

Whenever the Lightning Spirit causes damage, there is a chance to summon a lightning vortex damaging surounded enemies.

Level 1 - 7% chance, 40 damage per second, at least 20 damage to trigger.
Level 2 - 10% chance, 50 damage per second, at least 26 damage to trigger.
Level 3 - 13% chance, 60 damage per second, at least 32 damage to trigger.

Thunderous Apocalypse

icons_3018_btn.jpg

Makes the Lightning Spirit summon 20 lightning-meteors falling off the sky. When a meteor hits the ground, it causes a shockwave which causes damage to enemies touching it. The nearer the enemies stand to the impact-point, the more damage they receive. The maximal amount of damage they can receive is 50. Also, if the enemies stand near the middle of the impact-point, they have a 50% chance to get stunned for 2 seconds.

Structures receive damage the same way, however the maximal amount of damage they can receive is 80.

WIP

Requires JNGP with the latest version of jasshelper

Edit 04.04.2010:

I noticed that Lightning Curse wasn't working ... I just fixed it. I also noticed that UNIT_TYPE_GROUND also filters out amphibic units (naga and such). Therefore I just replaced this with UNIT_TYPE_FLYING == false to make the spells also affect these types of units.

Edit 05.04.2010:

Fixed the dummy unit. Now it (hopefully) is completely hidden. Also added the Autocast library which makes my spell 'Lightning Curse' being casted automatically.

Attachments

• Hero Contest.w3x
    230.5 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
Level 9
It's spring break, which means it's time to work on war3 custom maps.

WIP:View attachment spencenator.w3x

Spencenator: Destroyer

Abilities:

Side Turrets:
Spencenator deploys two turrets mounted to either side of him. These turrets drain mana with each shot fired, but last until deactivated. Damage and mana drain increase with each level. Level 3 turrets have critical strike.

Care Package: (NOT IMPLEMENTED IN WIP)
A crate is airlifted to your position that releases random potions upon landing. Each potion has a : 30% chance potion of health, 30% potion of mana, 15% chance greater potion of health, 15% chance greater potion of mana, 10% chance lesser potion of invulnerbility. Each Level Reduces cooldown and mana cost.

Targeted Missile: (NOT IMPLEMENTED IN WIP)
The next order targeting a point spencenator receives will designate a target for a Missile Strike. The rest is still in debate.

Leviathan (ultimate, but a normal ability in WIP):
Summons forth Spencenator's personal airship, which will circle around spencenator until killed. Leviathan is equipped with only a single belly cannon, but it can also amplify other abilities. Side Turrets receive a boost from onboard tactical computers. Care Packages drop directly from the Leviathon, with more and better items. Targeted Missile Now fires up to 5 missiles from Leviathan. Each Level Improves the core stats of the Leviathan.

Level 24
Ok !

Before I say the words '' I'm in ''. I have to say that debode's explination on Avatar is inaccurate, I mean, I don't quite understand it.

Not your actual forum image avatar. More like... What represents you when it comes to the Hive. Say Misha likes Naga, so he'll be a Naga hero. Say General Frank likes tanks and modeling so he'll be a modeling tank or something.

These two underlined ideas are knocking heads one another !

This is what the dictionary says:

Avatar - the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god.
...and also:
Avatar -an embodiment or personification, as of a principle, attitude, or view of life

I mean,should I picture my forum avatar or personality or what I think about myself ?

Level 24
What you think suits yourself! I sign myself as 'The_clam' On my maps, and i'm a Makrura. Closest thing to a clam i could find, so therefore, it was the most fitting. That's what i based it off of.

Indeed it makes sense,thanks man :thumbs_up:

So for example:

Whatever suits my name and personality traits,right ?

Then,if my name is NearbyHermit that suggests a close yet distant person, I should make a hero that's in opposition to itself .

EDIT :

I finally figured: Duality !

Level 25
@xxdingo93xx

That autocast doesn't act like an actuall auto cast spell.

You should be using AutoCast library and make it actually work like an auto cast(for example if you right click an enemy the mark of lightning won't be aplied but if you attack-move to that location it aplies).

I suggest you fix this and remove the health bars from dummies by one of the following ways:

1. add locust ability
2. set their selection scale to 0.00

Level 17
@xxdingo93xx

That autocast doesn't act like an actuall auto cast spell.

You should be using AutoCast library and make it actually work like an auto cast(for example if you right click an enemy the mark of lightning won't be aplied but if you attack-move to that location it aplies).

I suggest you fix this and remove the health bars from dummies by one of the following ways:

1. add locust ability
2. set their selection scale to 0.00

The dummies have locust. Weird, why can you see the health bars? I can't ...
and about that autocast library - do you mean a specific library? Can you recommend any ...? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.