• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I'm going to use Vexorian's TimerUtils and RisingDusk's UnitStatus and Damage Detection system, are those allowed?

Edit: And grim001's AutoIndex, since it's required for UnitStatus.

All of these are allowed afaik, and that was the point...

We discussed the script/system thingie before the contest started, let's not talk about it anymore it has been settled down and let's get back to the topic, yea?

Level 12
Okay :) Finished one of my hero spells:

Target: Ally, Unit-Target
Effect: Heals an ally over time, if the unit is a hero then it will get additional strength.

Level 1 - Adds 5 strength and heals 225 damage over 15 seconds.
Level 2 - Adds 7 strength and heals 360 damage over 12 seconds.
Level 3 - Adds 10 strength and heals 450 damage over 10 seconds.

The spell is NOT balanced yet. I just create the spells and hero first and then balance.
EDIT: Yes the strength will dissappear when the healing stops.

Last edited:
Level 11
of course you can have 4 active skills, 1 has to be an ultimate... but think before creating the spells: 4 damage spells won't be good for the balance.

But, in the initial post it says one passive. So, we can have 4 active skills? Is that absolutely fine? Because it will take me more time to think of an appropriate passive than to code it.

I believe combat-order based abilities are not actually spells or skills to be counted. So, anything related to Stop/Move/Attack/Patrol/Attack Ground/Hold Position should not likely be considered as seperate abilities. For example Maiev and generally the Night elven race has Shadow Meld as a concept, which of course provides extra effectiveness to the gameplay. Heavily combat based abilities though are not likely to be triggered. Those abilities should not be level'd up either.

Level 7
Work in Progress 1

Howdy

My first time in a contest on THW, so warn me if you see any problems ok ?

Bug reports highly appreciated ofc :)

Question concerning the passive: I intend to make something toggle-able, meaning it should be a passive normally (an aura or something) and if the player activates the ability then something happens and the passive is removed until cooldown finishes. Does this count as passive?

Hero outline: Holy Warrior
Theme: Holy Magic, melee fighter
Based on the wc3 Paladin class
Skills done at the moment:

Vengeance of the Righteous: for 10 seconds, 25% / 50% / 100% of all damage taken by the Holy Warrior adds to his Righteous Fury. After 10 seconds, the Warrior gets 25% increased attack speed and movement speed and each of his attacks does extra damage equal to his Fury.

Ultimate: Repentance: Castable on friendly or enemy units. Puts the target in a state of repentance, effectively stunning it for 5 seconds and reducing its armor by 10. After 5 seconds, the target's health is fully restored.

So.. what do you think?

Cheers

Attachments

• hc_holyw1.w3x
    32.1 KB · Views: 57
Level 10
Hello there...

I want to join this contest and hopefully will post my submission near the deadline. (Well, many homework here...)

And... I have a question:
Are WIPs need to posted in a somewhat-long interval before the final submission?
Example: I post a WIP and after 12 hour say, I post the submission. It's allowed, am I right?

I'll make a slime hero one, it will be interesting to participate.

Level 4
I will most likely join, this sounds fun.

my hero is already planned out, i got the name, the skills, the design and everything ready, just have to make it.

i still got 1 question:
1). do we have to have at least 1 passive skill? cause actually i wanted to have 4 active ones, many melee hereos got 4 active skills as well.

2). do we have to balance it like a normal melee hero? how is the balancing tested and judged?

3). its okay if our hero shares a model with an existing melee hero is it?

4). do we need some kind of story for the hero?

i will immediatley start on creating the hero, i think i will be finished within few days, this is really interesting.

good luck to all participants.

Level 16
I will most likely join, this sounds fun.

my hero is already planned out, i got the name, the skills, the design and everything ready, just have to make it.

i still got 1 question:
1). do we have to have at least 1 passive skill? cause actually i wanted to have 4 active ones, many melee hereos got 4 active skills as well.

2). do we have to balance it like a normal melee hero? how is the balancing tested and judged?

3). its okay if our hero shares a model with an existing melee hero is it?

4). do we need some kind of story for the hero?

i will immediatley start on creating the hero, i think i will be finished within few days, this is really interesting.

good luck to all participants.

1) atleast 1 passive
2) balance for melee games
3) should be fine, but should fit the concept
4) story is allways good... but not necessary

Level 8
I believe combat-order based abilities are not actually spells or skills to be counted. So, anything related to Stop/Move/Attack/Patrol/Attack Ground/Hold Position should not likely be considered as seperate abilities. For example Maiev and generally the Night elven race has Shadow Meld as a concept, which of course provides extra effectiveness to the gameplay. Heavily combat based abilities though are not likely to be triggered. Those abilities should not be level'd up either.

i didn't understood most of this. just some (my bad, really XD)

the reason i asked is because i thought of making my hero do what those Night Elves do. but if normal unit abilities are not allowed, i'll drop my option.

but if i might ask, active normal unit abilities are supposedly not allowed, right? how about disabled spellbooks with passive abilities (passive abilities that are unit abilities - no levelup, triggered or not)? and when i mean by this, the spellbook abilities has nothing to do with the spells of the hero.

Last edited:
Level 8
i remember someone (i think Kingz) stating here that TimerUtils and such are allowed, just not those large systems or something.

and Xiliger said you can change your name a little, like if you're MagictheGathering101 you can use Magic the Gathering.

Hero-Mephestrial Necromis

Mephestrial Necromis
Battle Necromancer
Sold at Tavern
Hero Abilities

Bloody rain raises Skeletons from the ground.
Level 1 - 3 Skeletons.
Level 2 - 4 Skeletons.
Level 3 - 5 Skeletons.

Afflicts a target enemy unit's skeleton with a will of its own causing damage over time. If the afflicted unit dies while under the effect of Rebelious Bones, a skeletal warrior will spawn from its corpse.
Level 1 - 5 damage per second for 30 seconds.
Level 2 - 10 damage per second for 30 seconds.
Level 3 - 15 damage per second for 30 seconds.

Increases the movement speed of nearby friendly units. Friendly non-mechanical units that die within range of the hero are raised as skeletal minions to seek revenge.
Level 1 - 10% movement.
Level 2 - 20% movement.
Level 3 - 30% movement.

Hurls a necromantic bolt that stuns a target enemy unit and causes the unit to die after 30 seconds.

Attachments

• (4)ColdHeart_HeroContest_WIP.w3x
    413.5 KB · Views: 103
  • (4)ColdHeart_HeroContest3Final.w3x
    415.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Level 11
Well then i'll add my map too :p i've already written my spells in this thread don't wanna do it again. Please all randoms test the map :D but his spells are too good for a normal melee map so i mb will reduce it a little bit later but i got to april so its no hurries right now ^^

And i wish all the best luck (But im going to win :))

Attachments

• Chewii's hero! RAAWR.w3x
    63.3 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.