• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept-Art Contest #4 - EVOLUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
originally was going to leave this to like last minute, you know as a surprise and all, but since th two evolution thing is screwing me up, i need to show this for validation

what i did was get the current day hyena
hyena1.jpg

The hyena evolved more developed front legs as well as it started balding around the head so it is easier to clean the blood. Nothing dramatic
attachment.php

Then the front leg evolved to such an extent that it allowed bipedal movement. the hind leg has devolved to a useless lump of flesh, only used to aid in mating
attachment.php

later with the warmer climate, the hyena was able to supersize. this is pretty much the apex of the hyena evolution. explanations on the image
attachment.php

70349d1259338528-concept-art-contest-4-res.jpg

i take my inspiration from various evolution theory books and the show "future is wild". if you are an animal nerd, watch it

if you dont really like what i did because it doesnt follow the rules, better tell me now so i could start concepting for more of a pokemon approach
if not, i gotta do the colour illustration

Attachments

• hyenalvl1.jpg
    hyenalvl1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 648
  • hyenalvl2.jpg
    hyenalvl2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 739
  • hyenalvl3.jpg
    hyenalvl3.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 703
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
I don't know if I'm gonna work this one out further or use it for this contest P:

This contest needed something "cute" with all those worms, beetles, bugs so give bunny a hug, please.

Suggestions please! ;D

PS: Yes I know I kinda messed up perspective and it's just a WIP so I'd rather know what to fix now.

Attachments

• Fluffy2.jpg
    Fluffy2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Well I made this out of boredom but Im thinking about doing my submission like this (of course with better paper and crap since this was made with lined paper and tearing since I was too lazy to find scissors) since I know I can't outdraw the other submissions. Here I have oragamitized my creatures first stage (the pics are kinda big so Ill hide all the ones cept the first):

Oragami_Pic_1_resized.jpg

Oragami_Pic_2_resized.jpg

Original Concept:
Step_1_Early_Draft_Resized_2.bmp

Just want to get some feedback on the idea, obviously this first pic is just a rough draft. I'd have to use at least colored paper to make it acceptable, this was more of draft to see how I should make it.

Icoria

I

Icoria

rofl. Ya I probably can't outdraw them either, but they said its a "Concept" contest, not a "how well can you draw?" art contest.

Well I get that, but I figure this is a bit more creative. Anyone can draw something, but can they make it 3d with the exact same materials? And like I said, this is a really early rough draft. Perhaps this could compliment my final idea instead of being it. If I work on it enough I could make it more of a 3d model. This one right now has pretty much absolutely no detail...........

Well I made this out of boredom but Im thinking about doing my submission like this (of course with better paper and crap since this was made with lined paper and tearing since I was too lazy to find scissors) since I know I can't outdraw the other submissions. Here I have oragamitized my creatures first stage (the pics are kinda big so Ill hide all the ones cept the first):

Oragami_Pic_1_resized.jpg

Oragami_Pic_2_resized.jpg

Original Concept:
Step_1_Early_Draft_Resized_2.bmp

Just want to get some feedback on the idea, obviously this first pic is just a rough draft. I'd have to use at least colored paper to make it acceptable, this was more of draft to see how I should make it.

broken images

hmm, thats odd they worked a couple minutes ago.....

Wow, didn't work again. Heres the files in a thumbnail form. The one picture shows up right everytime so I'm not sure whats wrong

Well I took another swing at the idea of a model of it which can be seen in the second image. Once again a really early rough draft idea.

Attachments

• Oragami Pic 1 resized.jpg
    Oragami Pic 1 resized.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Model 2 wip.jpg
    Model 2 wip.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 207

Icoria

I

Icoria

Ok, I think I will draw 3 animals, then combine them and make a new animal, with 3 different evolutions.

First combination creature:

Trying to make a look alike:
14851red-dragon.jpg

My redraw of it:
173683-albums2318-picture20602.bmp

I made the background soft pink so you can see the lines better.

Ok its not as good as the others, but... wth right? Its just a concept of a dragon.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Thats what I am planing to do with my next concept drawing combination creature: the wolf. I'm drawing it right now :p

Icoria

I

Icoria

Ok, I think I will draw 3 animals, then combine them and make a new animal, with 3 different evolutions.

First combination creature:

14851red-dragon.jpg

My redraw of it:
173683-albums2318-picture20602.bmp

I made the background soft pink so you can see the lines better.

Ok its not as good as the others, but... wth right? Its just a concept of a dragon.

That and now, another combination creature!

la_grey_wolf2.jpg

My redraw of it:
27bd3591347d9b9ebd590bfeaed1a946_20603.jpg

With the limit to two additional stages I had to rethink my second concept:

WiP_Concept_2.bmp

(wow, my scanner really mangles my pics)

The beast thing does have a tail but you can't see it in this picture. Really I was imagining as the first concept grows, once it gets to a certain age the armor stuff or whatever that is attached to it begins to expand protecting the beast more but severely limiting its movement and hiding it's wings.

Icoria

I

Icoria

how?
It's called practice. I am going to make a different thing and combine them all. Didn't you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.