• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make ability cooldown forever/very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
See, in my hero survival map, I have all the Ultimate abilities of my Heroes set so that they can only ever be cast once per round. Triggers will remove the cooldowns of the ability once the round is complete.

However, I set the ability cooldown to 3600 seconds (1 hour) but it seems to just cool down in about 10 minutes instead. Additionally, the sort of clock timer for being black (turning eventually clear) rather than starting at the top (12 o'clock position) instead starts somewhere around the 10 o'clock position and cools down from there - perhaps causing the 10 minute only cooldown.

So, how can I put an ability in cooldown "permanently" or at least, for a VERY long time?

I will not accept the solution of removing the ability and adding it later by the way.

Level 7
Hm... I tried Thunderclap and couldn't get the cooldown go over 5min. :/
No idea what to do against that, looks hardcoded.

But maybe you could give the abilities a unit as techtree-requirement, remove that unit once the ability is casted, and create a new unit when a new round starts. You would just have that "Requires 'next level'" in the tooltip after casting.

Level 7
Cooldown value, meh. Max cooldown is 3600 seconds which is 6 minutes.
The best solution is see here is the one with the techtree upgrade.
1) 3600 seconds = 60 minutes.
2) I tested it, and the max CD seems to be 5 minutes (300 seconds), not 6 or even 60. You can set it to 3600, but the timer will just skip everything but the last 300 seconds.
3) Nice that everyone likes my idea. xD

Level 19
1) 3600 seconds = 60 minutes.
2) I tested it, and the max CD seems to be 5 minutes (300 seconds), not 6 or even 60. You can set it to 3600, but the timer will just skip everything but the last 300 seconds.
3) Nice that everyone likes my idea. xD

3600, the game misses the .00 one, so its 36 = 6 minutes.
For example, if its 10.00, it will be count as 10, if its 10.50, it will be count as 10.5

Level 7
What are you talking about?

You can set the cooldown of an ability to 3600, not 36.00. 36 seconds wouldn't even be one minute.

And as I said, I TESTED IT. The real maximum cooldown is 5 minutes = 300 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.