• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Symphonia-Kratos' Story1.2e

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This campaign is about Kratos Aurion while he is absent from the main party in the game from Tales of Symphonia.

*If you haven't played Tales of Symphonia before, you may find the storyline hard to pick up. However if you have played Tales of Symphonia before you'll pick it up quickly*

You start off with very little, and a slow attack speed but by the end of chapter one you will have some nice items, and if you spend your GRADE which you will obtain by killing powerful monsters and completing some quests, you have buy and upgrade some items.

*Though attack speed starts off slow, you can get it at a good speed by the end of chapter one*

Credits go to -

Aeroblyctos for inspiring me to make a campaign, also for him helping me every step of the way to make my campaign with better triggers.

Kitabatake - For a trigger system made by him. thanks you for this, it'll make the campaign much better.

Mr. 100 - For helping with the terraining.

Others how answered my "Help" posts for answering and helping me make save/load triggers to work.

All the people who made models that i have imported, i can't remember you all. so if you play and see your model let me know your name and i will credit you personally.

Commands for chapter one -
box1 - moves Kratos' first box to Kratos' position
box2 - moves Kratos' second box to Kratos' position

When playing, please listen to musics used and suggest any ideas you may have, may it be monster editing, boss spells, quests, and even items. and if you have any better music to use let me know also.
MAX LEVEL - The max Level for the whole campaign is 100, but right now with only up to bonus stage one, it is 20.

Any cinematic suggestions are welcome also.

Please be nice as this is the first time making any maps!

PLEASE ENJOY!!

Update from version 1.1 to 1.2 changes
-Trigger error where you can end the first chapter as soon as the map loads has been fixed.
-Sheena's bloodlust spell can now be cast.
-The professional boss no longer causes heavy lag.

Update from version 1.2 to 1.2a changes
- Fixed Professional Boss Cinematic
- Final boss in Chapter one is now easier (to end chapter go back to start of map after obtaining the Sacred Wood)

Update from version 1.2a to 1.2b changes
-New optional quest in prologue (Prize - 60 Gald, 1 GRADE)
-Added water to prologue (Heals 100HP has 20 second cooldown)
-Added shop in prologue
-New enemy in prologue
-All monsters in prologue and Chapter one now respawn where they start, and now they'll always have a chance to drop items
-Added new items for upgrade, Armor Lv3, Shield Lv3, Boots Lv3
-There is now a few more GRADE to be found
-There is now a dozen "50 Gald" pieces over chapter one
-Basic Exspere and Life Stealer in GRADE shop are now cheaper
-You can now buy GRADE in the GRADE shop for 5,000 Gald each
-Added Ultimate boss to chapter one, still under construstion and no item prize yet!)
-Zap Sparke is now more powerful
-Max level is now 17 in chapter one

Update from version 1.2b to 1.2c changes
-Prologue edited, now there's a few new monsters. Also more switches added.
-Boss in prologue is now challenging
-Chapter One completely made over, most monsters are replaced with monsters from the original game.
-Removed Zap Sparke and replaced it with Guardian Field
-Max Level in prologue and chapter one has increased by one
-Exp required has jumped, now it goes up by more than 100 per level, and it keeps growing
-The game is now harder, monsters have more health and do a little more damage.
-Restoration items have been improved, now they heal the same as in the original game
-Now Bosses health and mana bar will be displayed while fighting them
-Ultimate boss in chapter one is ready for testing
-Stat increasing herbs now only cost 1 GRADE each
-Bonus stage is now harder
-Sheena is now a hero unit
-Sheena now has better spells
-Increased the healing of water in prologue to 150, now with 15 seconds cooldown
-And a few other little things

Update from version 1.2c to 1.2d changes
-Added difficulty levels that effect monsters Life (easy 90%, Normal 120%, Hard 150%)
-Added text to the opening cinematic
-Fixed monsters that were set to passive, now they are hostile
-Fixed the teleports for the professional Quest
-Rodyle is slighty harder
-Fixed Bowman in final dungeon who was able to shoot through wall. (hopefully won't anymore)
-Raybit is now harder
-All Gels now have a 20 second cooldown. This will stop spamming making later Gels more worth having
-Added a few more monsters in the mountain
-Fixed the Granite golems stun attack, now you will unstun after 2 seconds
-Most GRADE giving monsters are now stronger
-Fixed Flesh golem Death wave ability. now a sound plays when he is about you cast
-Fixed Ultimate boss's death wave, now it's weaker, and plays a sound when about to be used.

Update from version 1.2d to 1.2e changes
-Added extra boss in prologue
-Changed the switches in prologue to runes
-Fixed the teleports in chapter 1 for the professional quest
-Added a synthesis shop in chapter 1

Keywords:
Tales of Symphonia, Kratos, Lloyd, Sheena, Zelos, Presea, Regal, RPG, Campaign, Story, Collete, Raine, Genis, Sage, Aurion, Irving
Contents

Tales of Symphonia-Kratos' Story1.2e (Campaign)

Reviews
09:20, 11th Aug 2009, by Rui(#117): A campaign that clearly needs a lot of work on many aspects. Check my full review for more details. Rejected with 2/5 (Lacking) rating.
Level 1
If you have Sheena make her summon Corrine through the guards meaning that Corrine is already in the forest, next try hitting a few monsters , run away when they try to approach you and lure them to the sentries
* note: some monsters don't follow you so make sure it does *
So when the guards get distracted they attack the monster and make sure Corrine runs a little bit of distance from the village 'coz the monster only chases units that are vulnerable to attacks not like the sentries , then seize the moment that the guards are fighting the monster get Kratos into the forest.

* I hope I explained things well... 'coz I'm a litte bit busy nowadays

Level 5
the sentries should be paused the whole chapter. something must make them unpause, i'll go through the triggers and see what it is, i'll hopefully soon have the campaign updated with prologue edited with a new boss, and triggers fixed in chapter 1. I still have a problem with chapter 2 not loading kratos :(

Level 6
I tried to actually make a Kratos model but 3 things happened. 1: He likes to wear complicated clothing. 2: wayyyyy to big file size. 3: Attack animations never did work. And a suggestion. Kratos can change swords in ToS. So why should he have like a visible sword change? And have you played Dawn of a New World yet? Bosses are a lot harder.

Level 1
Not much played till now

1.....place Loading screen
2.....place Campaign Screen
3.....what's with the command aura which all the creeps have?
4.....the dialogue of the first 2 renegades appears a bit earlier than facing me. Not much but they were not visible when i came near them. If you have problem that how to make them come near Kratos to speak all that but still not attacking till the dialogue's over make Kratos invulnerable for that time.

Level 5
To deathreaven
Yes I've played dawn of the new world,, absolute awesome game,, about the sword changing thing, i don't really want the model to change swords, i'd be happy with just the flamberge :D
What kind of attack animations dont work? I guess as long as he has at least 2 attack types it'll be cool enough, I'm also thinking of adding kratos and a few other characters from other games into my other project to make them cameo bosses, like they are in ToS and other "tales of" games :D:D:D:D

If Kratos model was made my day would be truly made :D and I'd appreciate it!!!!

To Zelda.Alex
oh, the loading screen no longer black? i'll have to fix it,, for some reason it keeps disabling itself,,, so annoying!!
the command aura is on for normal and hard difficulties (15% for normal 30% for hard)
I've always had a problem with that group and cinematic :(

Last edited:
Level 5
well, i appreaciate you attempting to make a kratos model, but as of now there seems to be a loading unit bug in the triggers with going from bonus stage one, to the chapter 2 map, everything but kratos loads making the next chapter unplayable.. i've tried countless times to try and solve the bug but there is nothing wrong with the triggers at all. the campaign is unprotected so if you want you can look at and test it for yourself, you may have more knowledge than me...

but as i said, i will be having "cameo" appearances in my Legend of the Mists, map as bosses, and Kratos will be one of them, so having a kratos model will still have it's purpose, and you never know, i'm sure there's hundreds of other people who are fans of symphonia or even kratos who might use the model. Once someone is able to find and fix the loading bug, i'll then be able to continue making this campaign... to answer your question, chapter 2 is half done all i need to do is the cinematics and bosses and a smal amount of terraining and it's done real quick. Until then i'll be working on my bigger project of Legend of the Mists!!!

Level 1
Prologue Near Done

1.....In the description of the prologue it is written "...thw world..."
2.....I did this suggestion before & doing it again. As the abilities do not have choice
while leveling up why not make them auto choose the abilities?
3.....Some creeps on the upper sides of map did not have the command aura while
some had command aura.
4......The bandit appearing is still odd in the cinematic with the mercenary
5......When Kratos dies the message appearing says "Kratos Aurion the (level3).."But
the the does not fit there.
6......When i found the third tablet i was still fighting the 3 people with it but the cinematic started & then the semi-boss fight.
7......I was at level 3 & the semi-boss appeared tough really. Should i fight it at higher level? Something needs to be done with this thing otherwise players will get to fight the semi-boss without being prepared.
8......In case of semi-boss fight the ring that restrains me covered some part of the oasis too. Intended?
9......Some more obstacles near the anti-cheat taker are needed. No i was not able to kill it but when i came too near Kratos tried to go near it again & again as it was an enemy unit.
10.....Why have you replaced the cinematic at the 3 tablets by mere appearance of
dialogues?
11.....The last dialogue that appears near the magic tablet says "I will have to kill you both". There are three people there.
12.....You decreased the level cap to 4?

Still got the semi-boss & boss to defeat. When i so that i will tell you what i think about them.

What will be the campaign "Legends of the Mists" be like? Same RPG kind?

Level 5
1.. thanks for typo notice
2.. I wil do that eventually, that requires alot of triggering
3.. not sure why, but after killing the same unit once or twice they stop getting the command aura, but i'm not too fussed, as long as they have it the forst 1 or 2 times they are fought.
4.. well, i can't make a unit appear out of bounds, maybe i should move the camera slighty.
5.. thats always been like that, i will change it when i get around to it.
6.. maybe i should make the tablets uncollectable until all enemies and dead!!
7.. it's best to be max level to help survive, just run like a headless chicken :p
8.. yes, so you can have free healing while running
9.. ok i'll add then when i get around to it
10.. i kept having problem with the enemies attacking kratos before kratos enters the region, so i just made them dialogues instead.
11.. oops, forgot to edit that :D
12.. the level cap was 4 to begin with!!

Level 1
Tales of Symphonia

>Place the changelogs in hidden texts. Otherwise the thread will become too large soon enough.

Prologue Completion
1.....One of the renegade swordsman near the magic tablet is on respawn
2.....You must have already noticed that if the inventory is complete then the potions do not stack. If this small thing can
be eliminated it will begood. Otherwise in case i want to stack a potion then i always have to take out one of the things &
then take it back.
3.....Kratos says that it was strange & he never knew these tablets existed. What is strange?
4.....After getting the magic tablet i can move Kratos. Due to this i was able to take Kratos towards the oasis. Then the
cinematic started. Kratos was standing in front of The semi-boss. After some dialogues when Kratos had to come Kratos disappeared from in front of the Boss & came from the place of the magic tablet.
5.....There is one more thing about the scene after getting the 3 tablets. Suppose i take the power tablet as the last one.
Then Kratos should come from the side of the power tablet. Have you thought about that? Because if no then it would appear odd that Kratos comes from the side of the magic tablet even if he was present on the side of the power tablet.
6.....The semi boss has to say-"What is it then?" but in this line there is some mistake in spelling. Cannot remember what it was.
7.....Now i see why the semi-boss was that much powerful
8.....After the hp was to about 4500 then there were dialogue but no cinematic. What happened? I know that but something to show that should be there.
9.....Why did the semi boss leave if Kratos destroyed (my guess) the tablet?
10.....This was a better story than what i had suggested but it took care of near 6 potions & around 120 TP & Kratos got nothing in return except the way to boss. But maybe the way in itself a bonus for Kratos.
11.....Scorpion level1 & renegade swordman level3. Maybe unbalnced. Take a look.
12.....The music problem is still there. If i go from above to the boss the music does not play.
13.....It is kind of odd that the main boss was easier than the semi-boss.
14.....The boss appeared easier to me this time due to some reason compared to the last time. This time it did not appear to be a battle for survival.
15.....3 tentacles got summoned (the usual set of 3) even after the boss was killed & the ring had disappeared.
16.....Some dialogue of Kratos near the main boss like "So this was the power i was sensing before" or something like that may improve the plot a little.
17.....Change the name of the shimmering portal to the "Portal to Tet....( whatever the name of the place was)".
18.....Some dialogue of Kratos after killing the boss & maybe a little camera angle change to show the portal opening can help.
19.....About the semi-boss cinematic.Kratos & the boss are not facing each other while talking to each other.

After playing the prologue after the addition i have to say that the improvement is towards the better end.
My Rating : 3.5/5
Took down the rating because the map needs bit fixing.

Chapter 1 Beginning
1.....The dialogue that contains the thing about grave is bit fast. Only a bit.
2.....In hero abilities> Lightning flash abilities. After the level3 there is a unnecessary line space before level4 abilities.
3.....The synthesis shop is not placed properly. I cannot reach it via the path placed in the village. I can get to the top step from outside the village. But still it does not give the buy option to me.
4.....If you could place some base beneath the shop it would look better. It looks as if the shop is flying.
5.....When i go to Mizhuo guard then the ring that came enclosed some villagers in it too. They should not be in it.
6.....Make the cinematic skippable
7.....Now the boots are available for buying there will be a problem occuring in the game. The inventory is not big enough to hold all these items. You will have to think of a way to enlarge the inventory somehow.
8.....The synthesis shop is not even shown in the mini-map as a shop
9.....If i use the lightning flash from some distance then before the lightning attack a fireball like something goes & hits the target.
10.....The bouncing range of the lightning flash is not much. If i use it in the marshes on the warrior just above the starting place the lightning flash does not reach the witch. Is that due to level1 of the ability?
11.....In case of the Mizhuo guard now the ring has been placed the wall of the lights can be taken out.
12.....Marsh Crabs on respawn even after the behemoth crab was killed.
13.....In case of Raybid his shadow exists on ground.
14.....some creeps in this map also do not have command aura over them. Like the group on the road to Ozette after the marsh lands.
15.....If i keep the behemoth crab body in the box1 & go near the mayor & then summon the box1 nothing happens. After that if i take the behemoth crab body in my inventory nothing happens. Now if i go away from him & then come back then the quest completes.
16.....In the cinematic after i reach the mayor after completing the behemoth crab the first dialogue has "...are to petty..."--spelling mistake
17.....When i go from ozette village to Deep forest there occurs a time lag. If i go from Deep forest to ozette village there is no time lag there.
18.....I cannot use first aid on undead unit (tried on Ghoul in the deep forest). It can be used on the skeletons.
19.....The deep forest is now much better then the last time i played in there. The abilities given are nice.
20.....In hero attributes intelligence description says there is an increase in mana regeneration which is not present. Also mana has to be replaced by TP (i think it is TP)
21.....When i purchase lavender or saffron or sacoury there comes a bush at the place i am standing. To solve this problem in the map editor make two items by the same name. One can be used to be placed in the barrels & other can be used for the shops.
22.....You need different icons for lavender & other 2. Books for these 3 things are not proper icons.
23.....The skeleton can enter the village but the sentry do not attack them. Only the mayor & Kratos attacks.
24.....If possible a better effect for change in the fog when i enter or leave ozette towards the marshland. It occurs quit suddenly.
25.....i was moving near the place where grasshoppers are. I was just near the big rocks placed there. One wyrwn started to attack me whish had been present on the mountain. Also it was odd that Kratos was able to attack the wyrwn.
26.....I can walk through some of the rocks placed near the mountain
27.....The desription of the points drained by Guardian field inside & outside the hero abilities is different.
28.....In Altessa's house there is a women named Tabatha. She is not made invulnerable due to which i can kill her. Did not kill her actually but tried & i was able to do damage.
29.....You have placed monsters nicely. When i got out of ALtessa's house i was attacked by 3 monsters at once-Boxer Iris,
Pumpkin Tree(it was pumpkin something maybe tree), Undertaker
30.....If i use the inn to sleep it does not take care of poison.
31.....If possible make the inn cost gald according to the level of Kratos.
32.....At the path to the murlocs from ozette village there is a place at which the south place's trees ends & the Foul lands' stones become the southern side. At this place there is a demon in foul land but it tries to attack me if i get too near the boundary of the place. It cannot attack but it does try.
33......In case od inn i sleep then when the sleep time is over Kratos is still moving towards the inn.

Level 5
wow, thats alot to reply to :S let's see.....

Prologue...
the item stack for potions i don't think they can be fixed, bcuz the trigger is the unit pickes up an item, and then if that same item is owned then it will add to the charges remaining.

The semi-boss in prologue is unbeatable, the aim is to run for your life, no need for orange gels, unless you use first aid alot,, only use apples gels if the cooldown for first aid isnt finished.

kratos throws the tablet away making the boss run after it, making him remove from game..

Chapter 1...
The synthesis shop is Tabatha, in altessa's house, just be near her to synthesize!!

boots have always been in the game from the very start.
"are to petty" another way of saying too weak for me...
Oh, you shouldnt be able to use first aid on monsters,, only to heal!!

hmm, the herbs a problem, might be bcuz i changed the model to plants, maybe if i add remove from game trigger....

i tried to make the wyvern to fly lower towards the ground, but dont know how, but if i made them unattackable, they will be annoying!!

to change the cost of the Inn, that will be too much triggering, and maybe even expensive.

Level 1
If the synthesis shop is Tabatha then the building i thought to be synthesis shop is the new building you placed in the town.

Oh, you shouldnt be able to use first aid on monsters,, only to heal!!
Description then. It says i can.

Level 1
I read your earlier post again

"are to petty" another way of saying too weak for me...
I was pointing that to is typo here. It should be too.

I noticed after playing further that most of the big rocks which have been placed around the mountain can be walked through.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Tales of Symphonia-Kratos' Story" (1.2e) by Kratos1987

Tales of Symphonia - Kratos' Story, a campaign by Kratos1987, is probably the type of game for RPG unconditional lovers. The whole hack-'n'-slash can be found throughout the missions. Yet, it contains several flaws.First of all, I'd recommend hiding the changelog and enchanting the description. Large piles of text are not appealing.I also said, surprisingly, in the very first comment, that you would need to delete this resource in case it was incomplete. Checking the campaign in-game, it is everything but complete, and no matter how fun this type of game is found by a few people, incomplete resources are not allowed in the Map Section.
Now, to go a little more in-depth.The cinematics are weird, to the point where it is hard to figure if the creator has accidentally switched the fade in for the fade out.I've got a few extra tips for the remaining. At the very start, there is a cinematic that tells you about the background of the story. I admit some real action there wouldn't have hurt anyone, because usually it's a little hard to imagine everything the cinematic is trying to tell. The cinematic is not a book; you cannot simply go back to the last line.A last question regarding cutscenes: why not use the Transmission from Unit action? The method used (Display Text for Player) was really messy and looked bad.
Concerning the gameplay. As I said, it was the typical RPG: hack-'n'-slash. The bosses could be called the exception to this creep-killing constant; you need to actually move around, heal and use potions (called «gels» in this campaign), at least for this first «Gate Guardian». Classifying them as so, however, is wrong, considering you have to be a certain level to actually defeat the bosses. I leveled Kratos up to lvl4, and the «Gate Guardian» was quite easy until he got under 1000HP. It was when he started a fireball stampede. The fireballs were so many that they were impossible to dodge, and each dealt 150 damage if I'm not wrong, which was about half of what a First Aid spell or an Apple Gel item heal.
The terrain doesn't make the game any better. Considering the first chapter's location was a desert, I somewhat accepted that the terrain wasn't very... improvised. In the second chapter, though, there was no escape. The landscape was clearly that of someone who has just opened the World Editor for the first time. I'm sorry for the harshness, but it was really bad.
There is little else I can say about the game. Only a last note regarding the items: shouldn't the character be able to use only a single sword?All this make Tales of Symphonia a campaign that really needs a lot of work. My rating is 2/5 (Lacking). This resource is Rejected.