• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HoP: Brawl v.7.2

Reactions: FrIkY and Anachron
It has been a loooong time. :)

Visit and register at the official HoP forums: http://www.z4.invisionfree.com/hop for change logs and updates.

If you fall across any bugs, please report it at the Bug Reports section.

Keywords:
Heroes, Hero, Pandaria, Pandaren, Panda, Arena, Brawl, HoP
Contents

HoP: Brawl v.7.2 (Map)

Reviews
16:33, 14th June 2009, by Rui: An original map, interesting to explore, yet with (grave) flaws on balance. Read my full review and antecedent comments for more detail. Set to Reviewed status with a 3,5 rating.
Level 1
Hello Frog, I'm just here to give you a shout from US East. I'm am the chieftan of the clan EPC, or Epic Panda Carnage. My ingame name is EPC)Arganum, and if you ever want to chat drop by the lobby, Clan EPC. Me and the boys have plenty of requests for balance and enjoyment. Good luck with the map, you have my full support 5/5.

Last edited:
Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on HoP: Brawl v.6.8c

HoP: Brawl v.6.8c is a hero arena map, where each player takes control of a hero, teams up with another player and muss score as much kills as possible to get to the kill limit that determines the winner.

The terrain of the map was pretty okay. The Blizzard cliffs were fine, height variation aswell. The dodoads were well used, but perhaps you could have used a bit more rock dodoads.

The hotkeys worked and the tooltips were well written. The spells were good, scripted and somewhat original. There was a variety of items, however a lot of item just reminded me on Dota a bit too much.

The hero choice system was fine, although I would always suggest taverns.

In my opinion, balance was the biggest problem. I attacked a hero who had 10% health, I had about 70%, he owned me using some spells, he was this thin ninja. I don't remember the names. Also, some guy was chasing me, he had no mana but full health, I had no health and no mana. I picked up some stone that randomly appeared from the ground, didn't read what it does, summoned it and some huge creature appeared. The creature restored my health and mana to full? Then I owned the guy chasing me. You should work on the balance parts the most.

The map seems to be well packaged, although I suggest putting the credit list here aswell. The size is a bit big, almost 4Mb.

The balance, and the maps size were decisive in my rating, and I suggest this map for Approval with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. No more then that.

Level 28
Well let's see if I can give some fair critiques.

Terrain: 8/10
Heroes/Spells: 9/10
Systems: 8/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Total: 8/10 (4/5)

Some of the spell effects where pretty tense so a battle caused my game to lagg pretty much. Wich made it like many other games, once your down you don't likely get up again.
Appart from that I couldn't find any specific bugs or other stuff that anoyed me (didn't get much opportunity to explore such features). Good job on this.

Level 1
There is a really heavy bug which causes the whole computer to freeze, its some Trophy Brawl.. think its the Red Dragon. I got the Black Dragon which summons lava.. and another guy summoned the Red Dragon.. complete lockdown, couldnt even get to Windows, had to reset the whole system. Besides that this game is really well balanced. Havent really seen anything that bothers me except that bug. Nice to see a game where someone puts in alot of effort and thinks before releasing another version which unbalance the game completely. Hats off to you Crazy.Frog. New favourite game found :)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "HoP: Brawl" (v6.8)

"Heroes of Pandaria: Brawl" is a map by CraZy.FroG that apparently is already known on Battle.Net. It is a Hero Arena (and not Arena, as selected in the map type). You choose one of many Pandaren heroes, each apparently with unique skills, and you fight in an arena.However, you also have a shopping area in an isolated part of the map, where you are invulnerable and you can purchase items that bolster your heroes' stats, damage, armor, attack rate, movement speed, etc. You are teleported here after you pick your hero, whenever you die, or you can purchase an item sold at a specific shop in the arena that can teleport you back. This shopping area also contains three circles of power which transport you to the northern, central, or southern part of the arena (from a diagonal perspective).The arena is large and quite interesting. It is not only a place for fighting, but also where you can creep. The most absorbing feature is definitely the spawning of items all around the arena. They can call a hero from the Warcraft world that aids the summoner in battle – either by damaging enemies, healing allies, or other sort of ability –, but cannot be selected or attacked. They can also be runes with the ability to cast various ordinary spells such as Storm Bolt, Entangling Roots or Unholy Frenzy...From time to time, a Pandaren flag will also spawn on the northern and southern edges of the river. If they are brought to the center of the arena, they give the player (or the team) a cash of gold. While carrying the flag, your hero's movement speed is reduced.It is also important to mention that the game contains some modes, among them the team modes (2vs2 or 3vs3).
The map is no doubt original or, at least, unlike any other I've seen. I don't like maps with big sizes, so this large amount of imported models was dispensable from my point of view, though I must admit that they indeed give a different feeling for the map.
A large amount of models for a large amount of heroes. This is where things turn grim: the balance on this game hangs by a string. A very thin and frail one.This map was not known to me, so I do not know what it started out to be, but a rush with lots of heroes and items never turned out good. Things need to start small and progress from there. You can't just thrown in a concept and expect it to work flawlessly.Once a teammate leaves, it is impossible to keep up. From there, we can assume that team modes work only when playing with friends. Let me go in detail: in a 2vs2 game, if a member stays alone, the other team can constantly bring the Pandaren flag to the center, gaining gold. Even though the banner carrier's speed is reduced, he can still use his abilities and attack, so they are still in numeral advantage.I didn't try solo, but it mustn't be very different. If a player's hero has advantage, the other will most unlikely be able to keep up.
That also reminds me that there was no item spawn or creep control on the map proportional to the number of players. I played my game with 6 people, and there were countless hero & monster-spawning items on the ground.My suggestion for creeps is that you increase the re-spawning time or remove a few creep camps depending on the number of people. I can imagine two players fighting creeps eternally and taking 30 minutes to finally meet and decide who's the strongest, ending the game.
Like I said in the third paragraph, I like the way the arena is structured, but the rest of the terrain (elevation, ground texture variation, and doodads-wise) is not impressive. Consider improving it.
In brief, this is an interesting map to explore, yet with flaws to be rectified on balance. Else I can only say I wish I had seen a multiboard, and... maybe some Mercenary Camps?Approved with a rating of 3,5 out of 5, which rounds up to a 4 (Recommended). Removed from Arena type and added into Medieval / Warcraft category.

Level 1
I have to say I disagree with you Rui. You say the balance hangs by a thin frail string and you also say you rush with lots of heroes and items? Well rush with heroes is kinda the point, besides you can hardly kill a hero at start anyway (thats from 1on1 point of view) ... and lots of items? You start with what? 800 gold? Thats enough for like 2 items, you can hardly call that alot. And it does start small and progress from there.. the only thing to do is like reduce start money or just remove it completly which I wouldnt like. Little money at start would only help speed up start a little, since you cant buy any strong items, the only little thing your advantage may be is either speed boost or small Strenght, Agil or INT boost.. or maybe a +10 dmg item (Im not so familiar with the items yet). Next is teammate.. well that kinda goes without saying if it is 2vs2vs2 and someone leaves the player still left would surely have a hard time keeping up... but in this game you could be pretty careful and wait for the other 2 to start fighting then join in while they take damage... but what game isnt unfair that way? Take Battle Tanks for example.. its nearly impossible to play 2vs5 or maybe even 2vs4. Or what about Footmen Wars? Its been awhile since I played it but if you were playing 2vs3vs3 you were most likely the next attack target since they could harvest your gold from your creeps. Only 1 thing to do either try and play or leave and play again?

The thing maybe that could be improved a little if someone leaves is to give the player that is still left some money to keep up.. not alot though. Or maybe even more gold if he Catch the flag? About the flag btw I think the speed reduction could be a little higher maybe and there is still this problem with the items that gives you 85% speed boost and as Ability Turbo Boost.. you can still use that item while carrying flag.. but other then that if you disables peoples skills nobody would take it if theres 1vs1 or 2vs2 since you so obviously will loose if you cant use skills. That brings us to the Abilities of the heroes.. Ive never seen a hero with so overpowered skill it needs serious tweaking.. perhaps only some modification.. was it Wind Walker? That can jump with the Flag just to mention some fault? but way overpowered? Nah I find it quite hard to hit heroes with that skill actually. And well about the creeps and items you have a point.

Oh and dont take my criticism towards your review to hard.. I dont mean to be rude.. but I think if he was gonna change all that you said it wouldnt be the same game. And I like the game except that bug and maybe the creep/item thing. Hope to see an more updated webpage (still 6.8c there) and more versions.

Regards DatOne

Level 4
could not for the life of me get a single game going on Bnet since it takes about 2 mins for one person to finish loading. in the end i settled for single player just to test the heros out.
i like it so far, although i dont see the need for all those custom heros, look at dota, it have like 1 -2 custome hero skins? and its still the best map ever on bnet.
which shows custome skins wont effect 100% effect the content of the game, its how u put all the game play together. 3/5 from me. the map can have a easy 4.5/5 if people could play it in full house on Bnet.

Level 3
Balance... Please, do something about unbalanced agi heroes, and sucky int heroes. And something about that big white str thingy, reincarnation is too much OP. Yeah sure, cooldown... But even withouth it it's really strong...
Yes, int heroes DOES sux. But I've noticed that the most OP hero in game is Kunoichi. Can pwn 1v3... Easily...

Level 1
Furok bug

Hia just found a new bug.. well it has to be. I was playing Posho the Bamboo Brawler and someone had Furok the Elite Guard. Well first off Poshoos passive skill Thorns Aura is overpowered, melee units have very little chance of killing him in 1on1 if its suppose to do 48 dmg everytime they hit. So anyway Furok used his ultimate skill when I was Poshoo and I got drawn down in the crater with him but Furoks hp decreased VERY fast, it was almost like he got damaged by his spell and Thorns Aura too, so like 70 + 48 dmg something each second.. only it seemed to go alot faster. So please fix that bug too. Otherwise the crashing problem seems to be fixed, havent had any problems with 7,1 so thanks for working on that. Also on another note Dran The Dragon Warrior also needs some checking on his ulti maybe... seemed to be a little powerfull it does what? 800 damage in a pretty big AoE.

Good luck, bye.

Level 6
Balance... Please, do something about unbalanced agi heroes, and sucky int heroes. And something about that big white str thingy, reincarnation is too much OP. Yeah sure, cooldown... But even withouth it it's really strong...
Yes, int heroes DOES sux. But I've noticed that the most OP hero in game is Kunoichi. Can pwn 1v3... Easily...

What version have you played? Intelligence heroes, in my opinion, does not suck. They can also ''pwn''.
Ancient Colossus' ulti is getting a remake, so hopefully he won't be considered ''OP''.
Kunoichi ''pwn'' 3 heroes? Did you play a game with a bunch of feeders? I have played a game with a bunch of feeders, and i've seen Intelligence heroes ''pwn'' in those games. It's really just a matter of who's playing the hero, not the hero.

Hia just found a new bug.. well it has to be. I was playing Posho the Bamboo Brawler and someone had Furok the Elite Guard. Well first off Poshoos passive skill Thorns Aura is overpowered, melee units have very little chance of killing him in 1on1 if its suppose to do 48 dmg everytime they hit. So anyway Furok used his ultimate skill when I was Poshoo and I got drawn down in the crater with him but Furoks hp decreased VERY fast, it was almost like he got damaged by his spell and Thorns Aura too, so like 70 + 48 dmg something each second.. only it seemed to go alot faster. So please fix that bug too. Otherwise the crashing problem seems to be fixed, havent had any problems with 7,1 so thanks for working on that. Also on another note Dran The Dragon Warrior also needs some checking on his ulti maybe... seemed to be a little powerfull it does what? 800 damage in a pretty big AoE.

Good luck, bye.

I am remaking Posho's passive, thanks for notifying the bug btw.
About the Dragon Warrior and his ulti, it can easily be countered. Buy purge from the Tavern and use it on the Dragon Warrior when he has used his ulti. It will dispel it.

Last edited:
Level 3
Nope, no feeders in that game. I had about same kill/death amount as any other char. Best items for me (armor+staff+boots, couldn't afford more) and... Yeah, that's like all of it... Try to pwn with Monk at late game while it's FFA. It IS impossible withouth feeders.

Level 6
because monk is a support character, best used in team modes.

anyway, although i havent tried all characters, i have to say that intelligence heroes are NOT useless, or weak or whatever. Geomancer for instance. Get some attack speed, and it is close to permanent entangle. Or, ok, he does use attacks to deal damage. Say time weaver. He doesnt have a powerful attack and his spells have big cooldowns to be used as effective damage spells. But if there is one person that is working with you, time weaver will work miracles. Noone will ever escape from you, meaning that if you are solo, noone will have to escape from you but if there is a guy which deals good damage, then you 2 will be unstopable.

although i have to agree that balance it is a bit broken in this game.Colossus deals a LOT of damage with his passive (not the splash) while earth walker deals very little. Earthwalker's passive is kinda like the colossus + gladiator spells put together but very, very weaker. Ofc, it blocks damage, but if you are low hp, it wont work that great.

however, the map is epicly epic, and i'd gladly give it 5/5. It is a favorite for now :D

Level 1
Its a damn shame this hasnt been updated, it was a fun map. And now it even seems the website is down so guess we wont be seeing a new version for quite some time if ever.

Level 15
Man this map is dead long time ago.Creator of this map dont want 2 develop this map on 1.24d patch (i hate him) !

Level 4
same ... this map is just ... great...

And map about panda MUST NOT disappear ! poor panda =(

Level 7
Crazy frog when will it be released?i cant wait for pandaren rpg and i want to have one cool pandaren game until pandaren rpg comes released!You wiil put new heroes?New items?New spells?

Level 7
Can you make a pandaren beekeeper pls?Put black and yellow stripes on the hat is good idea for it.For more i will write soon. I WANT HONEY :mwahaha:

Last edited: